Spitters Damage Balancing.

Place to discuss the game balance, recipes, health, enemies mining etc.
Gravgon
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Spitters Damage Balancing.

Post by Gravgon »

as is, i thing the damage a spitter can do is good but how the damage is applied needs to be changed. right now spitters can take out towers with no hope of the player fixing it.
may idea to fix this is to make the spitters attacks more like a corrosive acid. were on hit damage is cut to 20% and the 80% damage left is applied over the next 5-10 seconds. doing this you are not cuting the damage spitters can do but still give the player time to respawn to the problem. if the player is to start fixing a item that has acid on it, it it will remove the acid effect right away so you dont have to stand there fixing it for the next 5 sec waiting for the acid to go away.

In a way this is a nerf, but to make it so the spitters attack do some splash (AoE) damage as well to make up for it. ths will also let the spitter do some damage to the fixers bots late game.

please tell me what you think :)

bobucles
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Spitters Damage Balancing.

Post by bobucles »

Place the towers further behind the wall and spitters can't reach it.

Marconos
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Marconos »

With construction bots close they have no problem keeping them repaired. Not sure how you are having issues?

Gravgon
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Gravgon »

Marconos wrote:With construction bots close they have no problem keeping them repaired. Not sure how you are having issues?
I dont know how this helps the topic. also were did i say i was having any problems with them? this is more geared for early/mid game were you will not have bots to fix everything in time.

Marconos
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Marconos »

Gravgon wrote:
Marconos wrote:With construction bots close they have no problem keeping them repaired. Not sure how you are having issues?
I dont know how this helps the topic. also were did i say i was having any problems with them? this is more geared for early/mid game were you will not have bots to fix everything in time.
I'm trying to understand how you have issues? If they aren't killing the bugs fast enough, upgrade the damage and/or shooting speed, put more down etc. Spitters have very little to no health and die very easily. Use gun turrets on them instead of lasers, they do more damage faster (if using the right ammo). Use more lasers instead of fewer.

Thus why I was asking about bots repairing them. If you model is doing the standard of letting your military tech lag behind while you are diving on other research paths, that could be your issue. You should be able to handle them fine with the current tech in the game.

PROTOS
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by PROTOS »

thay are a bit imba

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

PROTOS wrote:thay are a bit imba
Sorry, this is not helpful for discussion. Please try to explain the thing you try to point to as exact as you can. :)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

driver
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by driver »

My first impression is that there are always more aliens at the same time than you usually can deal with in the late game, so you always need a place to retreat with laser turrets. This could be different.
The animals which are swarming in large numbers could be smaller (like earth termites), they could do less harm and you could fight them with the flamethrower or lasers.
They could swarm out periodically to devour other plants or materials and could have some "natural" and larger ennemies (predators?), which like to eat them and are potential more dangerous for the playable character.

SirRichie
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by SirRichie »

Try Power Armor Mk II, with reactors, shields, batteries and exoskeletons, along with a fully upgraded combat shotgun and piercing shotgun rounds.
This makes capsules obsolute safe for the very largest of bases.

Return to “Balancing”