Military Requirements for Success

Place to discuss the game balance, recipes, health, enemies mining etc.
oyunbagimlisi
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Military Requirements for Success

Post by oyunbagimlisi »

To get game achievements

peace mode off
Enemy base open (min. 75% size)

These are reasonable CONDITIONS. But I turned off EXPANSION-EVOLUTION-POLLUTION completely in order not to deal with enemies in my fun game that I opened to achieve 100% success. Specifically, I haven't received any attacks in 45 hours since 'POLLUTION' is turned off. Don't you think this makes the current minimum REQUIREMENTS meaningless? Of course, anyone can play as they wish, but it seems a bit strange to me that the game has such a limitation (peace mode and 75% (min.) enemy base) that it can be DECEIVED? Do you think I'm wrong?
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=105093
Beacon domain & Cable access area coloring (Color Tone variations)

asheiduk
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Military Requirements for Success

Post by asheiduk »

I think it is OK as it is.

Especially for the time-bases achievements I see this as a slight nudge to THINK about some more parameters and possibilities instead of just doing the last game over and over again -- just faster. Otherwise everyone will just play the default mode :-)

Another thought: The conditions for the achievements are unchanged for quite a long time. If they are changed: Should the old ones be revoked? Should there be "old" and "modern" achievements?

Since the achievements are just for the player and do not affect something else (like extra stuff in multiplayer games) the player can just "deceive" himself or congratulate himself for finding appropriate knobs.

Return to “Balancing”