[Request} Mohole and Crystallizer

The place to share your custom game graphics.
starholme
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[Request} Mohole and Crystallizer

Post by starholme »

Mohole Mod https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =14&t=7534

Hey, I'm looking for a few graphics for the above mod.
First, a mohole:
See http://kimstanleyrobinson.info/w/index. ... tle=Mohole for the inspiration of this mod. That page has only a couple rather simple drawings.
10x10 size, with one liquid inlet, one liquid outlet
Essentially just a big hole. Top little bit tapered. Maybe with a spiral groove down the inside(for vehicles/robots to drive on), and a bundle of pipes and wiring going down somewhere.
A nice effect would be some sort of 'glow' coming from the bottom.

I realise that the isometric 2d view will restrict how far you can see down the shaft. It's whatever looks good.

Secondly, a crystallizer:
This is the machine that cools the lava. Either slowly with a seed material to produce ores, or fast with water to produce hot water for power.
3x3 size, same as an assembler. One liquid inlet, one outlet.
I'm not really sure what it should look like.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [Request} Mohole and Crystallizer

Post by YuokiTani »

starholme wrote: Secondly, a crystallizer:
This is the machine that cools the lava. Either slowly with a seed material to produce ores, or fast with water to produce hot water for power.
maybe you can accept my interpretation ...
atm without shadow and animation, and 4 sides, but i think you can use only 2. maybe you want use all 4 rotations. you need to fit it into game and test the size.
ImageImageImageImage

G_glop
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by G_glop »

YuokiTani wrote:
atm without shadow and animation, and 4 sides, but i think you can use only 2. maybe you want use all 4 rotations. you need to fit it into game and test the size.
ImageImageImageImage
Awsome!
What program you did that in?
I want to get into textures https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 675#p59675

starholme
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by starholme »

Me likey! Hopefully I get some time tonight to integrate that crystallizer. Great work sir!

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

starholme wrote:Me likey! Hopefully I get some time tonight to integrate that crystallizer. Great work sir!
Take the time you need :) - i don't run away - and it's christmas.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

try some mohole-gfx
ImageImage

starholme
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by starholme »

YuokiTani wrote:
ImageImageImageImage

I'm having trouble aligning things for these images. I don't really know enough about adjusting the sizes to get pipes and such to line up, maybe the game has some built in stretching?
As best I can tell, in game tiles are 32x32px. So the pipe centers need to be 32px increments apart. I'm pretty new to dealing with sprite graphics, so any pointers would help.

I also have to apologize for an error in my crystallizer description. It needs TWO inputs, one output...

So, I managed to mangle one of your pretty images into one I that fits in game, but it's pretty obvious that I did something terrible to the sprite. Only one direction(I used 002), and the third pipe looks like a sore thumb, but it's better than just the assembler.

Any thoughts on how to deal with this? The only solution I could think of was to get some more renders from you, just without the pipes, then use gimp and layers to place the base game pipe images in. It worked reasonably for adding the second input. I'm going to do some forum reading, see if I can find out more.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

the 3 down blocks should line up correct one 32px tile - in a perfect world ;)
you need to shift 32 px right because the space is for shadow (but shadowpass went wrong, so not visible) and maybe y - 0.2 ...
looks final like

Code: Select all

shift = { 1.0, -0.2 }, 
happy restarting factorio and finding the right position ;)

Return to “Texture Packs”