[0.11.x] Uranium Power

Power generation with atoms.

Moderator: Fatmice

leeknivek
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.11.x] Uranium Power

Post by leeknivek »

I guess its beyond being saved. I can open it in the editor no problem, but as soon as I try to delete anything with the old hexafluoride, a mouse-over causes the crash.

MasterBuilder
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by MasterBuilder »

leeknivek wrote:I guess its beyond being saved. I can open it in the editor no problem, but as soon as I try to delete anything with the old hexafluoride, a mouse-over causes the crash.
Couldn't you start the game on 0.3.0 and remove the objects in-game? Then upgrade to 0.4.0?
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Zeeth_Kyrah
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Zeeth_Kyrah »

As a content suggestion, if you want to go with super-critical fluids, you could use CO2 in a supercritical state and run it through Brayton-cycle gas turbines in a closed loop system. Which means you'd need to add an air compressor to get that CO2. Here's a relevant link from "The Energy From Thorium Foundation": The Closed Loop Brayton Cycle at Sandia National Laboratory
Planned projects: Energy Crystals Plus, Minor Fluid Handling, Small electric furnaces
(high-energy materials and assembler, fluid void burner and small tank, tiny and slow furnaces with charcoal)

leeknivek
Inserter
Inserter

Post by leeknivek »

MasterBuilder wrote:Couldn't you start the game on 0.3.0 and remove the objects in-game? Then upgrade to 0.4.0?
I tried that, when the game loads it says "expected UraniumPower_0.4.3, received UraniumPower_0.3.0" and then closes. It won't let me load the game without it now.

EDIT: I deleted 0.4.3, opened the game, closed the game, added 0.3.0, opened the game, removed the items, closed the game, deleted 0.3.0, added 0.4.3, and now it works.

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

Does this mod work for multiplayer yet?

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

Have you learned to read at least the last two pages before commenting, yet?
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

Liquius
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Liquius »

cpy wrote:Does this mod work for multiplayer yet?
Not yet, but it's on my list for the next update.

building44
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by building44 »

I am so happy to see this mod. Regular Factorio has bothered me a long time because it does not have nuclear power.

On a side note, is there a "getting started" guide for this mod anywhere to help new users? Thanks!

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

Hi,

The mod author hasn't gotten to that yet. In the mean time, I've made a world that has all the basis of this mod covered. You can explore the build and understand how it works.

-World covers enrichment chain, material acquisition, weapon production, and a 50 MW capable power house build (you can see stress-test with beacons banks).
-Need Uranium Mod 0.4.3
-Need Factorio 0.11.10

Savegame
http://www.mediafire.com/download/e8h5c ... xample.zip
Uranium-example.jpg
Uranium-example.jpg (931.81 KiB) Viewed 10791 times
Maintainer and developer of Atomic Power. See here for more information.
Current release: 0.6.6 - Requires 0.14.x
Example build - Requires 0.14.x

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

Nice refining chain. Way neater than mine ever ends up :P
I'm curious though, why did you use beacons instead of radars for the power load?
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

leeknivek
Inserter
Inserter

Post by leeknivek »

Its unfortunate the way steam engines are that you need 93!! to keep up with the 50MW plant.

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

Well, there are non-stock steam engines that are more energy dense. Pretty sure both DyTech and Bob's Power both have improved steam engines.

That aside, at least this is almost a magnitude more dense than the equivalent in solar panels :D

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

n9103 wrote:Nice refining chain. Way neater than mine ever ends up :P
I'm curious though, why did you use beacons instead of radars for the power load?
I used beacon because it doesn't reveal more of the map and they use more power than radars. =)
leeknivek wrote:Its unfortunate the way steam engines are that you need 93!! to keep up with the 50MW plant.
Yuoki mod, one of my favorite, has many varieties of generators that are very powerful. I didn't use them because I wanted example build to leverage only vanilla items as well as not requiring people to download another mod just to play with the savegame.
Last edited by Fatmice on Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

building44
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by building44 »

Thank you very much.

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

oh, right, I forgot that the radars I used for a load last time weren't stock. :oops:

Liquius
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Liquius »

I have had this lying around for a few days. It should hopefully work for multiplayer. However I haven't been able to test it. It would be nice to know if it still doesn't work. It also changes the method for adding fuel so that it's more accurate and a bit smoother.

It won't be compatible with 0.4.3 if you have started building reactors.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

Hi, I just tested the new release in multiplayer mode. It still complains about 1 player not existing right after placing the reactor structure and reactor chest. Esc the notice and the game continues otherwise crash.

The more serious bug has to do with rolling desync that will ensue when you fill the reactor chest with even one fuel assembly. I do not know why the desync occur... The only way to stop the rolling desync is to mine either the reactor structure or chest.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

Updated example build to 0.4.4.

See here for details.
-Save game is in sandbox mode, single player only!

Savegame
http://www.mediafire.com/download/c6c13 ... mple-2.zip

Liquius
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Liquius »

A new update is out. The main focus of this one is to allow closed loop reactors. That means two new buildings. A heat exchanger and a fast pump.
Setup for an 18MW reactor
Setup for a 50MW reactor
I am currently using the wall as a placeholder image for the heat exchanger.

To get heat exchangers to work, you will need to place them in between two pipes. If at any point one of the pipes is removed, you will replace the heat exchanger. If you use these with fluids from other mods, you may get some strange results. If the fluid isn't water or pressurised water, it assumes the liquids default temperature, max temperature and heat capacity are the same as standard fluids. Lastly, if you have more than one heat exchanger using the same square of pipe, results can be strange.

People can update from 0.4.0+ if you haven't started on reactors, however you will need to type /c game.player.force.resettechnologies() when continueing with an old save.

This update should be mostly multiplayer compatible, however if your reactor is under too much stress (ie the fuel is dipping to 0) then you get rolling desyncs. Its simple to fix, either mine the reactor or the pipe next to it. You will then need more fuel assemblies or less steam engines.

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

Had me wondering wtf was the point of your setups, until I read the part about the walls being stand-ins :P
I'm still wondering though, are you using longer steam engines on the outer middle rows for the 50MW setup?
I ask because you have four pipes on those rows getting heat exchanged, but only 2 pipes on the other rows.

Return to “Atomic Power”