Foreman 0.1.9 - A factory optimisation tool.

Calculate optimal ratios for feeding recipes, search through the research-tree, specialized tools to view game-information.
kinnom
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Foreman 0.1.9 - A factory optimisation tool.

Post by kinnom »

I've got the errors in the log:

Code: Select all

C:\Program Files\Factorio\data\base\data.lua (...s\Factorio\data\base\prototypes\entity\demo-entities.lua:786: attempt to call field 'by_pixel' (a nil value))
C:\Program Files\Factorio\data\base\data-updates.lua (C:\Program Files\Factorio\data\base\data-updates.lua:293: attempt to call global 'log' (a nil value))
no yes yes no yes no yes yes

kot
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by kot »

I've made Foreman build with v0.15 support for myself: Factorio Foreman xaviershay@b291155 +15-compat.zip
It's based on a fork by Xavier Shay and 0.15-compat fixes by Pobiega and Xavier Shay.
You may use it until official release came out.

UPD: new version with difficulty selector by Pobiega: Factorio Foreman xaviershay@b291155 +15-compat +difficulty switch.zip

UPD: link to Pobiega's builds and his Reddit thread.

CorBlimey
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by CorBlimey »

i'm getting "System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'lua52': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)" error when loading. I can see the lua52.dll in the foreman folder..so I'm confused :D

Any ideas?

Ok I didn't realise it had to be VC++ 2012 only. That fixed my error and all working now :)

masneoquil
Inserter
Inserter

Post by masneoquil »

CorBlimey wrote:i'm getting "System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'lua52': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)" error when loading. I can see the lua52.dll in the foreman folder..so I'm confused :D

Any ideas?

Ok I didn't realise it had to be VC++ 2012 only. That fixed my error and all working now :)

Hi CorBlimey

I had the same error but with Google.OrTools.dll. Installing VC++ 2012 didn't help.

Any ideas?

Thanks!!

Edit: I download one of Pobiega's latest build and it worked. But when i try to make a new connection for for example Copper Plate it only show one recipe.
I have angels and bobs mods and the two recipes for copper plate show up in the recipe list, but not when making a new conecction.

Lee_newsum
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Lee_newsum »

is it me or is it the 4 new science packs: Military, Production, High-tech and Space science packs not working ?

Edit: had to manually add all tick to the tick boxes recipe tab

Ancalagon02
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Ancalagon02 »

how does this work? where is the game directory i have the steam version i selected the file where it is installed and where the save is they both don't work

ThwartMantella
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ThwartMantella »

how does this work? where is the game directory i have the steam version i selected the file where it is installed and where the save is they both don't work
Go to: Steam -> steamapps -> common -> Factorio. Select the Factorio map, and is should load up properly.

ThwartMantella
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ThwartMantella »

I have a question of my own. When I click on the "Display Assemblers" the miners disappear. Nothing happens when I click on the "Miners/Pumpjacks" box. I also cannot change what miner is used or select that I don't use modules.

Is this an issue that only I am having?

Edit: I have figured it out.

bobk1212
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by bobk1212 »

I have the GOG version of the game and i am not sure where the directory is.

This is the error i am getting...

Error loading dataloader.lua. This file is required to load any values from the prototypes. Message: 'cannot open C:\GOG Games\Factorio\data\core\lualib\data\core\lualib\dataloader.lua: No such file or directory'

Goof
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Goof »

Assuming that file is actually there, does the problem still occur if you move factorio to a directory without spaces? Maybe C:\GOG_Games.... etc?

havok56
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by havok56 »

Downloaded Foreman 1.9 today, I am currently running the latest stable version of Factorio 0.15.37, but I've been having a hard time getting the Foreman installation to work properly. After starting the program and selecting my Factorio installation directory, the following error is created:

The following files could not be loaded due to errors:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Factorio\data\base\data.lua (...n\Factorio\data\base\prototypes\entity\demo-entities.lua:787: attempt to call field 'by_pixel' (a nil value))
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Factorio\data\base\data-updates.lua (...eam\steamapps\common\Factorio\data\base\data-updates.lua:302: attempt to call global 'log' (a nil value))

I have verified my game files and run the program as administrator. Any help would be welcome. Thanks!

yura881
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by yura881 »

I can't see all items.
I've got the errors in the log:

Error reading value 'ingredients' from recipe prototype 'steam-engine'. Returned error message: 'Key is missing'
Error reading value 'ingredients' from recipe prototype 'electric-mining-drill'. Returned error message: 'Key is missing'
Error reading value 'ingredients' from recipe prototype 'submachine-gun'. Returned error message: 'Key is missing'
Error reading value 'ingredients' from recipe prototype 'pipe'. Returned error message: 'Key is missing'
Error reading value 'ingredients' from recipe prototype 'electronic-circuit'. Returned error message: 'Key is missing'
Error reading value 'ingredients' from recipe prototype 'iron-gear-wheel'. Returned error message: 'Key is missing'
Error reading value 'ingredients' from recipe prototype 'burner-mining-drill'. Returned error message: 'Key is missing'
D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Factorio\data\base\data.lua (...ps\common\Factorio\data\base\prototypes\map-settings.lua:219: attempt to index global 'defines' (a nil value))
D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Factorio\data\base\data-updates.lua (...ary\steamapps\common\Factorio\data\base\data-updates.lua:300: attempt to call global 'log' (a nil value))
Factorio 0.16.7
Foreman 0.2.0
no mods

D:\Games\Factorio_0.15.40\data\base\data.lua (...io_0.15.40\data\base\prototypes\entity\demo-entities.lua:787: attempt to call field 'by_pixel' (a nil value))
D:\Games\Factorio_0.15.40\tests\mods\test_mod_1.0.0\data.lua (...mes\Factorio_0.15.40\tests\mods\test_mod_1.0.0\items.lua:119: attempt to index local 'roboport2' (a nil value))
D:\Games\Factorio_0.15.40\data\base\data-updates.lua (D:\Games\Factorio_0.15.40\data\base\data-updates.lua:302: attempt to call global 'log' (a nil value))
Factorio 0.15.40
Foreman 0.2.0
no mods

Foreman 0.2.0 + (Factorio 0.15.X or Factorio 0.16.X) this does not work

Foreman 0.2.5 https://bitbucket.org/Pobiega/foreman/d ... =downloads

ThwartMantella
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ThwartMantella »

Foreman version 2.5 seems to have two issues when dealing with recipes that will produce two items per craft such as regular transport belts. The first issue is when I enter the desired rate of, say 800 items/minute, the displayed rate is twice what I entered. 1600 items/minute. The amount of assemblers required to meet the demand seems to be half of what it should be. Going with the example of "I want 800 transport belt per minute" Foreman calculates that I need 9 level 2 assemblers to meet demand. My own calculations say that I need 18 level 2 assemblers.

Using: Foreman version 2.5 Factorio version 0.15.40

Omgalof
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Omgalof »

is this still bean updated? or was it abandoned?

Eagle0600
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Eagle0600 »

Pobiega has uploaded some updated versions here. They at least work for 0.16.x

Ironhair
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Ironhair »

anyone who uses the foreman app, any idea how to put prod modules in smelters instead of speed modules?

Gazer75
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Gazer75 »

Will need an update now cause they moved from mod-settings.json to mod-settings.dat and Foreman is looking for the old file and thus cant load mods properly.

Firemonkey1412
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Firemonkey1412 »

Did someone find a new version or a tool similiar then foreman? In my opnion the flowcharts were so much better then helmod is.
Edit: OK, I fixed foreman so I can use it with 0.16. I hope so that they add a good recipe explorer for 1.0...

kinnom
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kinnom »

Firemonkey1412 wrote:Edit: OK, I fixed foreman so I can use it with 0.16. I hope so that they add a good recipe explorer for 1.0...
Please share
no yes yes no yes no yes yes

JackBlack1024
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by JackBlack1024 »

it is broken... Message: 'cannot open dataloader.lua: No such file or directory'

Return to “Cheatsheets / Calculators / Viewers”