Hi, I'd like to share a spreadsheet to do advanced and very accurate production calculations:
- Shows requirements for all types of production facilities, from assemblers, chemical plants and drills to labs, belt lanes and inserters.
- You can set productivity modules. Particularly useful to see how much raw material and processing you save by adding some modules in the late stages.
- Speed modules: You'll see how many machines you need if you fill remaining slots (not taken by productivity modules) with speed modules. It shows counts for all module levels at once - no need for repeated calculations.
- Beacons: You can set the beacon influence on the machines for each recipe.
- Technology bonuses: You can specify the levels for any tech that affects machine counts: mining productivity, lab research speed and inserter capacity bonus.
- Optimise machine composition: Specify the number of machines you want to use and the script calculates the cheapest combo of machine types (e.g. assembly machine 1, 2 or 3) and speed modules that gives you the required throughput.
- Inserter throughput takes source and target into account (chest-to-belt, belt-to-chest, and chest-to-chest are all different), belt type and stack size.
- Alternative production methods: When there are several ways to produce a product, e.g. basic/advanced oil processing and coal liquefaction, you can choose the method to use, or even a mix of them.
- Production balancing: There are options to balance production, so you can calculate how much heavy and light oil cracking is necessary to get the exact amounts you need of each oil type, or the ratio between uranium processing and kovarex enrichment.
- Production graph: Get a graph showing how to wire things up. Thicker lines means higher throughput.
- Notes as "tooltips" on each item shows the ingredients and result counts.
- Non-item production goals: Things like satellite launch and research on different levels are included in the item list to easily calculate combined requirements.
- Supports expensive recipes as well as the normal ones. There's one spreadsheet for each (links below).
Last but not least there's a lua script to update the recipes directly from the game, so you don't have to wait for me to put out a new version after an update, and you should be able to adapt it to any mods you got installed (haven't tried that though, so the script might need a few tweaks). See the Docs sheet in each spreadsheet for more details and link to the script.
Sheets for 0.16: normal cost recipes, expensive recipes
Sheets for 0.17: normal cost recipes, expensive recipes
- Make your own copy of the spreadsheet - go to File -> Make a copy... (Please don't request edit access - get in touch with me instead if you want to improve it.)
- Put in the amounts for the things you need in the Want column.
- Click the Rebalance button to do oil and uranium balancing calculations. (First time you'll need to give the script permission to run. It only requests access to change things in the same spreadsheet, and to display the graph.)
- Select Data -> Filter views... -> Active items, to narrow it down to the items you need.
- If you like, press the "Production graph" button to get a nice graph showing which items need to go where.