Multiplayer via Evolve. Simple to start.

Find multiplayer games.
Tools/scripts to run a dedicated server.
Bisa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Multiplayer via Evolve. Simple to start.

Post by Bisa »

olivef2010 wrote:when i try to make a lobby with evolve it says that me and my friend is offline and we are not able to copy eachothers ip adress, anyone help
thanks
the lack of responses might have already done so - but perhaps you needed to check with the evolve community/developers how to use evolve to start with? once you are up and running with your virtual network I'm sure we can help you with any factorio specific issues =)
Hosting a factorio server? Take a look at this || init script ||.

OlliesRealm
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by OlliesRealm »

Unfortunately I am a complete noob when it comes to this background, as many may be, so here are some beginner tips so that no one has to suffer alike me:

So far Evolve is the only multiplayer system that has worked for me, so use it!!

If you get a network error at the bottom, watch this video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7il4PB2yuk however, if you need to get onto "device manager" and you don't know where that is, go into: control panel/system and security/system and then on the left side at the top it will have "device manager"

Follow the latency guidlines- it helps a LOT.

Pretty basic stuff but it's stuff I would have died without knowing, I hope this helps ;)

cake_zero
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by cake_zero »

I don't understand. How do you host a game? As in, how do you set up the server for people to join

Return to “Multiplayer / Dedicated Server”