Translated page renamed and set as WIP page

Discuss translation contributions here.
Henk Zaan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Translated page renamed and set as WIP page

Post by Henk Zaan »

Hi,
Maybe this info is somewhere but I could not find it. Therefore I made this topic.

I translated the page Pollution in Pollution/nl and Bilka renamed it with a comment that this page should be a WIP ?? ((WIP pages must be in your userspace) page. I dont know the term WIP page. Also I dont understand why it is a page in my userspace now. It is find Henk Zaan/Pollution/nl.

I translated several pages in Dutch before. But this is the last page I did and maybe I did something wrong. But if so, Iike to know what so in the future I do not make that mistake again. Or just explain to me what WIP means.

Regards
Henk Zaan

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Translated page renamed and set as WIP page

Post by valneq »

In general, WIP = work in progress.

You are talking about the Factorio Wiki, right? The wiki has its own subforum.

This subforum is for the translation of the game. I don't know if Bilka is still reading posts here on a regular basis.

But the Wiki has a guide for translations, maybe that is a good start: https://wiki.factorio.com/Factorio:Translation_guide
Furtheremore, there are rules for page creation that mention "work in progress": https://wiki.factorio.com/Factorio:Wiki ... e_creation

Henk Zaan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Translated page renamed and set as WIP page

Post by Henk Zaan »

Hi Valneq,

thnx for the explaination. It sounds logical Work In Process, but I never came up with this. And thnx for the info that I am on the wrong forum. However because of your 2nd link I finaly found how to do with this. Although I went trough the stuff before, I think I overlooked it. Many thanks anyway.

Regards
Henk

Return to “Translations”