[Rseding91] [1.1.19] Alphabetic sorting of station names is inconsistent regarding case

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
jdg
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[Rseding91] [1.1.19] Alphabetic sorting of station names is inconsistent regarding case

Post by jdg »

Sorting stations is case-sensitive in the Train overview > Stations tab and case-insensitive in the Train schedule station picker dialog.

I would expect this to be consistent across the two lists (either case-sensitive or case-insensitive).

Attachments
factorio bug.png
factorio bug.png (27.73 KiB) Viewed 2553 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.19] Alphabetic sorting of station names is inconsistent regarding case

Post by Rseding91 »

I was looking into this and I don't know if it's actually broken... It looks correct code wise and there's some additional sorting based off the availability of the station. Can you provide a simple save file reproducing the issue so I can test?
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

jdg
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [Rseding91] [1.1.19] Alphabetic sorting of station names is inconsistent regarding case

Post by jdg »

Look for station "AATest" and "aaTest". They are both reachable from the locomotive in screen:
station name sorting issue.zip
(36.54 MiB) Downloaded 156 times
Attachments
factorio bug2.png
factorio bug2.png (61.54 KiB) Viewed 2348 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [Rseding91] [1.1.19] Alphabetic sorting of station names is inconsistent regarding case

Post by Rseding91 »

Ok, the issue was in the stations listing not using the right sort order. The train stops list was using the right sort order. It's now fixed for the next release.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

jdg
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by jdg »

Good stuff! Thanks

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”