[kovarex] [1.1.14] Manually placing train wagon on ghost does not keep filter

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
scwizard
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[kovarex] [1.1.14] Manually placing train wagon on ghost does not keep filter

Post by scwizard »

For most items, if you place a blueprint that includes the item, then build the item as part of a blueprint, then the item you place will inherit the properties from the blueprint. This is especially noticeable with splitters that have custom filters.

However if you place a blueprint that has train cars that have filtered inventory, then you place a train car by hand on top of the train car ghost, the train car you place won't have the filtered inventory that the train car ghost has.

In order to have it placed with a filtered inventory you need to either place it via construction robot, or "reapply" the blueprint after placing by hand.

In addition to this, train car ghosts with filtered inventory, can't have their inventory filter settings copy and pasted. In order to copy and paste the inventory filter settings, the train car MUST be actualized via placing it via construction robot. This is different from the behavior of assembly machines for instance, where their settings can be copy and pasted from ghosts.

Some other inconsistent behavior that could be related, is that when placing train cars, they won't snap to any placed train car ghosts. Also a train stop ghosts won't cause engines to snap to the appropriate places like an actualized train stop will. Also train engine ghosts won't cause train cars to snap in place behind it like an actualized train engine will.

-----

To reproduce this create a blueprint that includes train cars with filtered inventories then try and manually build the blueprint, without construction robots.

The expected behavior is that when building this blueprint, all the different things will get the appropriate settings from the blueprint as they're placed.

The actual behavior is that assemblers and splitters and similar will inherit their settings from the blueprint, but train cars will not. To get the settings for train cars applied, you need to reapply the blueprint after placing.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [kovarex] [1.1.14] Manually placing train wagon on ghost does not keep filter

Post by kovarex »

Hello, thanks for the report, we (internally) call this behaviour fast-revive, and it will also possible to do it for rolling stocks in the next release.

I don't know why do I tend to share these little "stories", but I will do anyway.
I find it interesting, that the mechanism actually worked for rolling stocks all the time, as it is quite generic, but you would have to click on the exact same location where the original ghost was, which was practically impossible. Making the rolling stock building snap a little (1 tile distance) to the ghost was all needed to make this work.

NotRexButCaesar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [kovarex] [1.1.14] Manually placing train wagon on ghost does not keep filter

Post by NotRexButCaesar »

kovarex wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:07 pm
I don't know why do I tend to share these little "stories", but I will do anyway.
I find them interesting to read.
kovarex wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:07 pm
I find it interesting, that the mechanism actually worked for rolling stocks all the time, as it is quite generic, but you would have to click on the exact same location where the original ghost was, which was practically impossible.
I actually did notice this and was sometimes able to line it up perfectly by turning down my mouse dpi
—Crevez, chiens, si vous n'étes pas contents!

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”