[Rseding91] [1.1.12] Cannot place ghost outside range when taken from quickbar

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
ichVII
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[Rseding91] [1.1.12] Cannot place ghost outside range when taken from quickbar

Post by ichVII »

I can shift place ghost entities out of player range now, but i can not place them without holding shift, even if i have a ghost entity stack in hand (so no item in inventory).

GregoriusT
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [Rseding91] [1.1.12] Cannot place ghost outside range when taken from quickbar

Post by GregoriusT »

I can still reproduce this in 1.1.12 even though it was supposed to be fixed in 1.1.12. I would like to test it in 1.1.13 just to make sure, but Steam wont let me update (maybe it takes a while to notice the new Release), however I did not see anything in the Changelog indicating that this Bug has been fixed in 1.1.13.

This Issue affects Quickbar Ghosts as well as Pipetted Ghosts, which are supposed to be placeable outside the Players Range, yet they are not.

Holding shift to have those Ghosts enter the "replace Nature" Mode will fix the Range Limit, but that is a pain to constantly have to do just to place Ghosts in your Outposts and Stuff.
Don't underestimate Landmines!
Biters bite, Spitters spit, Spawners spawn and Worms... worm? - No, they throw their vomit! They even wind up to directly hurl it at you! friggin Hurlers...

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [Rseding91] [1.1.12] Cannot place ghost outside range when taken from quickbar

Post by Loewchen »

How could a bug found in 1.1.12 get fixed in 1.1.12?!

GregoriusT
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by GregoriusT »

I said 1.1.13 lol. I follow the Releases very closely ;)

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=94772

Edit: Oh now I get what you meant. No I meant It was supposed to be fixed in 1.1.12 because ANOTHER bug regarding ghosts out of range did get fixed, and since this is in the Resolved Category I assumed someone messed up. XD
Biters bite, Spitters spit, Spawners spawn and Worms... worm? - No, they throw their vomit! They even wind up to directly hurl it at you! friggin Hurlers...

GregoriusT
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by GregoriusT »

So I got to try it in 1.1.13 and THIS time it at least gives me the "can't reach" message when trying to place the Ghost, which narrows the Issue down slightly, codewise at least.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

GregoriusT wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:38 pm
So I got to try it in 1.1.13 and THIS time it at least gives me the "can't reach" message
No it doesn't, it just places the ghost!
No clue what you are doing but this bug is fixed in 1.1.13 so stop posting in the report please.

GregoriusT
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by GregoriusT »

Sorry, I just doublechecked, I fucked up, it actually works. ^^"

(That's what I get for thinking I did not have Wooden Power Poles in my inventory when pipetting them at my Wall...)

Also sorry for saying Sorry despite the stop posting message.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”