[0.11.20] 7th inserter on 3rd train car reach

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
pcmaster160
Inserter
Inserter

[0.11.20] 7th inserter on 3rd train car reach

Post by pcmaster160 »

Horizontally each train car can have 7 inserters. For the 3rd train car (assuming 1 engine) the 7th inserter will reach inside the train car if the train is at the station, stopped when it is placed. However, when the train leaves the station and comes back it will not reach.
After Placing:
After train has left the station and comes back:

This is on Arch Linux.

To reproduce:
  • Download my save file (7mb)
    Mine 7th inserter on 3rd car and replace it (it will pull from the train car)
    Unpause train and tell it to go to Grand Central Station (the same station it is at currently)
    The inserter will detach from the train car and will not reattach.
Note you could also send it to another station and wait for it to come back, but this way is quickest (and since the train isn't actually moving will likely be the easiest to debug).

quinor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.11.20] 7th inserter on 3rd train car reach

Post by quinor »

That's known bug, inserters act really weirdly on the edges of wagons. Kovarex tried to fix it several times as far as I remember, but it seems not to be easily fixable. Also, next wagon can have 8 (?) inserters reaching in.

SHiRKiT
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SHiRKiT »

Yeah, that's why a lot of people uses 4 fast inserters or 8 long handed inserters per wagon, they can unload pretty fast.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

we really need wagons that are a set "Round" number of tiles in length, rather than 7.2 or whatever it is now... and then it only being like 6 when vertical. its a 1 metre by 1 metre square tile, why would the train magically shrink when it rotates 90 degrees? so not only do we need a set width, but that width needs to remain when rotated.

I tried to mod it once, but it apears to be a hardcoded thing with train locomotives and wagons.
SHiRKiT wrote:Yeah, that's why a lot of people uses 4 fast inserters or 8 long handed inserters per wagon, they can unload pretty fast.
I think that idea stems back from when you had even bigger gaps, so could only get 4 or 5 inserters to work per wagon.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

SHiRKiT
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SHiRKiT »

bobingabout wrote:
SHiRKiT wrote:Yeah, that's why a lot of people uses 4 fast inserters or 8 long handed inserters per wagon, they can unload pretty fast.
I think that idea stems back from when you had even bigger gaps, so could only get 4 or 5 inserters to work per wagon.
Not really, it's because the 4 inserters on the middle works faster since they are closer to the middle and don't need to do the weird arm extending.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”