[1.1.6] modded - blueprint flipping incorrectly handles inserters with adjusted pickup/drop vectors

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Black_Noise
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[1.1.6] modded - blueprint flipping incorrectly handles inserters with adjusted pickup/drop vectors

Post by Black_Noise »

Playing with the seablock modpack, which contains the adjustable inserters mod. I noticed that rotated inserters don't behave in the expected way when flipping a blueprint. I contacted bobingabout about the issue but they claim the issue is with the base blueprints engine.

Here's the full context:
bobingabout wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:44 am
Black_Noise wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:13 pm
Adjustable inserters don't seem to flip correctly, neither picup/dropoff orientation nor near-inserters:

Note that fixed-orientation items (e.g because of pipe inputs) give a "this blueprint cannot be flipped" message.
I'd say this should be a base game bug to be honest.

Blueprint flipping is a brand new feature, it makes sense that the developers might forget a few things here and there.
when you set a custom vector(Pickup and drop locations) to an inserter in runtime, that custom vector is saved as part of the blueprint.
When you place that blueprint, my mod does nothing, the entire thing is controlled by the game engines blueprinting system.
Therefore, the game engine needs to be able to handle flipping custom vectors to match the new blueprint orientation.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(46.39 KiB) Downloaded 103 times

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.6] modded - blueprint flipping incorrectly handles inserters with adjusted pickup/drop vectors

Post by boskid »

Thanks for the report. Issue is now fixed for 1.1.7.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [1.1.6] modded - blueprint flipping incorrectly handles inserters with adjusted pickup/drop vectors

Post by bobingabout »

Also thanks.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”