[Rseding91] [1.1.2] Trains on every surface show up in Trains panel

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
YourTypicalZac
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[Rseding91] [1.1.2] Trains on every surface show up in Trains panel

Post by YourTypicalZac »

Every train shows up in the trains panel with a preview of the area surrounding it. This area is not shown correctly when a train is not on the same surface as the player. The area around a train on a surface different from that of the player appears to be the area around the position of the train if it were placed on the same surface as the player. I would expect this area to show the surface the train is actually on instead of the surface the player is on.

I have demonstrated this with 2 trains and hazard concrete on nauvis and another 2 trains with lab tiles on another surface.
surface2.png
surface2.png (197.73 KiB) Viewed 1630 times
nauvis.png
nauvis.png (2.77 MiB) Viewed 1630 times
When on surface2 all 4 trains have the lab tile background and on nauvis all 4 trains have the yellow background even though there are only 2 trains on
each surface.
This behavior with mods like space exploration make the train panel very difficult to use since multiple surfaces have their own train networks but the trains panel will show all trains as if they are on the same surface as the player.
Attachments
1.1tests.zip
(1.55 MiB) Downloaded 102 times
factorio-current.log
(42.42 KiB) Downloaded 100 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.2] Trains on every surface show up in Trains panel

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. That GUI is supposed to show all trains on all surfaces. It isn't supposed to render the backgrounds from the wrong surface though. So, that's now fixed for the next release.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”