[Oxyd] [1.1.2] big group of biters not attacking after artillery hits

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
HunD34TH
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[Oxyd] [1.1.2] big group of biters not attacking after artillery hits

Post by HunD34TH »

- What did you do? - Shot some artillery, to clear some land.
- What happened? - Biters started to group up, waited a few seconds and disbanded, trying to get back to the closest spawners.
- What did you expect to happen instead? It might be obvious to you, but do it anyway! - I hoped for a big wave of attackers.
- Write down the steps to reproduce the bug if you know them. - Aim, shot, wait, shot, wait, shot, wait...
- Does it happen always, once, or sometimes? - It is not happening always, small group sizes mostly seems to be fine (i had some exceptions when testing, but on the second arty hit, they did their job well), but big groups have a lot of problems.
- Be precise! - There was some very big biter base on the most-east side of my base, i saw it could be a dead-end, no more land, so i tried to clean it up. As i hit the biter bases (with arty) the (revenge) attacker groups started to group up, and then disbanded. I cleared the most part of their bases to see why they are doing it, but did not found any tips ( i thought that, it is happening because the group sizes are too big, they can not get to their group up position, but saw a few cases, where every one of them was in the circle, and the disband still happened).
A video (gif) from the case: https://youtu.be/gz5NgxTXog4
Edit: i forgot that i have a normal video where i only shot in arty, and waited for the response: https://youtu.be/ZZEPuNGKBboY
Attachments
d34th 1.1 no biter revenge.zip
on the most-east side of my base are happening some arty-fire, that is what the linked video (gif) is happening, did a save before doing that
(21.93 MiB) Downloaded 118 times
factorio-previous.log
(8.97 KiB) Downloaded 120 times
factorio-current.log
(5.19 KiB) Downloaded 120 times

Oxyd
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: [Oxyd] [1.1.2] big group of biters not attacking after artillery hits

Post by Oxyd »

Looks like the issue is that it's biters who are very close to the edge of the generated map and that causes issues for the pathfinder. Fixed in 1.1.6, thanks.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”