[1.1.0] Modded Menu Simulations freezes game

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Stringweasel
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[1.1.0] Modded Menu Simulations freezes game

Post by Stringweasel »

Hello!

Sometimes a modded menu simulation will freeze the game on startup. Typically the simulation will run for half a second and then freeze. This also freezes the entire game, and the main menu becomes unresponsive. I have to kill the process using Task Manager.

I usually fix this by:
  1. Open the save again
  2. Let it run for a second or two
  3. Resave, overwriting the previous save
  4. Add the newest save into the mod
  5. Try the menu simulation again. If it doesn't work, repeat the above process (typically 2 or 3 times are required)
Some notes
  • The method above works every time. And on the 12 or so menu simulations I've made I came across this like 4 times or so.
  • My humble guess is that the simulation does not like an intermittent state of one of the entities and then crashes.
  • I've experienced this in quite a few occasions and fixed it every time with the steps above.
  • I've let it run for a few minutes to see if it recovers, but it doesn't.
  • I have tested this on two computers.
  • I doubt that it has to do with trains since I experienced this first with a save without any trains or rails.
  • With the freeze the Factorio CPU usage in Task Manager drops to zero.
  • The behaviour seemed similar in both Factorio 1.1.0 and 1.1.1
Attached is a little mod to recreate it. It contains the mod to add my simulation and disable the vanilla ones. Then there are two save files, one says FREEZE and the other says WORKS. It's the exact same save the file with only a few seconds difference between saving. (It showcases a part of Goose's burner only factories). You can freeze the game or not by changing the name in data.lua. I also added a log. Remember to unzip the mod for it to work.
Attachments
Testing_0.0.1.zip
(3.91 MiB) Downloaded 99 times
factorio-current.log
(4.66 KiB) Downloaded 102 times
Alt-F4 Author | Factorio Modder
Mods: Hall of Fame | Better Victory Screen | Fluidic Power | Biter Power | Space Spidertron | Spidertron Dock | Weasel's Demolition Derby

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.0] Modded Menu Simulations freezes game

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. It's now fixed for the next release.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”