[posila] [1.0.0] [Mods]Personal Laser Defense with Minimum range doesn't retarget properly

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
DRT99
Inserter
Inserter

[posila] [1.0.0] [Mods]Personal Laser Defense with Minimum range doesn't retarget properly

Post by DRT99 »

I am working on a mod that adds a PLD with a minimum range, and during testing I found that they simply stop functioning at all whenever there is a target within said minimum range, instead of the expected result of targeting something else that they can shoot at.

I tested with flamethrower turrets and they function as expected, switching targets once something enters their minimum range. I also tested with artillery turrets, and they ignore nests and worms within their minimum range, so this behaviour seems to be unique to modded Personal Lasers.

Update: I have done some further testing, and Personal Laser Defense definitely targets differently than stationary turrets do.

PLD exclusively targets the nearest enemy, and will retarget if another enemy is closer than its current target, whereas gun and laser turrets target one enemy and shoot it untill they cant anymore.

I am not sure if this is a bug or intentional behaviour.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [posila] [1.0.0] [Mods]Personal Laser Defense with Minimum range doesn't retarget properly

Post by posila »

Thanks for the report.
Fixed for 1.1.0
DRT99 wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:50 am
PLD exclusively targets the nearest enemy, and will retarget if another enemy is closer than its current target, whereas gun and laser turrets target one enemy and shoot it untill they cant anymore.

I am not sure if this is a bug or intentional behaviour.
That's not a bug.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”