[kovarex] [1.0.0] "Cannot return item back" trying to clear cursor after inventory transfer

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Tealc.
Inserter
Inserter

[kovarex] [1.0.0] "Cannot return item back" trying to clear cursor after inventory transfer

Post by Tealc. »

This is happening when I have a car set as a filtered slot in the first (top left) slot of my inventory.

After using "Fast entity transfer" to place coal from the cursor stack in to multiple furnaces the following error will be displayed as"floating text" when trying to clear the cursor. It will only give the error once, when using the same keybind to clear the cursor again the error is not seen and the coal is returned to the inventory as it should have been the first time.

Full floating text error displayed:

Code: Select all

Cannot return item back: Only Car can be inserted into this slot. If you want to put something else here, the filter has to be cleared.
On trying to reproduce this, it didn't always happen in some furnaces, possibly if the furnace didn't have a full stack or were empty...? Not sure. However under "normal" conditions I could reproduce the issue multiple times in a row.

It took me a little while to identify where the issue was happening, it may have also been occurring when inserting half stacks of ammo in to gun turrets, again not 100% sure on this.

I have included a video showing the issue in action.

Steps to reproduce
1. Set first slot of inventory to be a filtered slot for a car and don't have the car in the inventory.
2. Have some furnaces working in a "normal" setup.
3. Open inventory and take a stack of coal.
4. Use "Fast inventory transfer" (ctrl+LMB) to insert coal in to multiple furnaces.
5. Try to clear the cursor (esc). Error is presented.
6. Repeat step #5 and the coal is cleared from the cursor, now without an error.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(17.88 KiB) Downloaded 96 times

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [kovarex] [1.0.0] "Cannot return item back" trying to clear cursor after inventory transfer

Post by kovarex »

Thanks for the report, it is now fixed for the 1.1 release.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”