[0.11.16][win64] Freeze on crtl-click battery

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
JackGruff
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.11.16][win64] Freeze on crtl-click battery

Post by JackGruff »

The game freezes if you crtl-click (inventory transfer) on a battery that has charge in your armour display.

Example saves attached.
Attachments
test.zip
(760.79 KiB) Downloaded 145 times
steve.zip
(6.97 MiB) Downloaded 152 times

vertex
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.11.16][win64] Freeze on crtl-click battery

Post by vertex »

I can confirm this on the linux client. It's not limited to just batteries either, it's any item in armour storage as far as I can see. Can't give a crash log, game just freezes up completely and needs to be killed with ctrl+c in shell.

Gandalf
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Gandalf »

I can also confirm this for 0.11.16 on linux x64.
More specific results:
  • The freeze apparently only happens when both energy consuming and energy producing items are present in the grid.
    I've tested batteries, shields, exosceleton and laser defense in combination with fusion reactors and solar cells.
  • The amount of items doesn't seem to matter, a single consumer and producer respectively will suffice.
  • The type of armor has no effect on it (I tested basic modular, power MK1 and MK2)
  • The state in which the freeze can occur persists until the UI is closed. Examples:
    - open the UI with exosceleton and solar cell already in the grid, try to remove anything via ctrl+click -> freeze
    - place a single item in an empty grid, then remove it by ctrl+click -> no freeze
    - place an exosceleton and a solar cell in the grid, then manually remove one of the items and then try to remove the other via ctrl+click -> freeze
    - place an exosceleton and a solar cell in the grid, then manually remove one of the items, close the UI, reopen, remove the remaining item via ctrl+click -> no freeze
  • The charging progress of an energy consuming item doesn't seem to have any influence.
Hope it helps
OS: Linux Mint 19 x64 | desktop: Awesome 4.2  |  Intel Core i5 8600k  |  16GB DDR4  |  NVidia GTX 1050 Ti (driver version: 410.104)    (2019-03)

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

It is fixed for 0.11.17 now, thanks for the report.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”