[0.18.1] Crash when attempting to load a world [modded] (BlueprintEntities::setupContainedEntities)

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
AlienX
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.18.1] Crash when attempting to load a world [modded] (BlueprintEntities::setupContainedEntities)

Post by AlienX »

Hi,
So i have a bit of a weird crash here, I feel it's related to my blueprint storage and also related to the Krastorio loaders.

Hopefully to be useful, i have zipped up the contents of everything I think you'll need, you can download it here:
http://www.agngaming.com/private/factor ... h_info.zip

Here is how my game crashes:
1) Apply the mods and my blueprint files
2) Attempt to start a new world, the game crashes a few seconds after you click Play.

However, what I find a bit strange is the following:
1) Extract the Krastorio_1.4.50 zip so the mod is loaded from the folder
2) Open the file 'prototypes\entity\loaders.lua'
3) Comment out line 87 and 88 (fast_replaceable_group and next_upgrade)
4) Start the game again and create a new world, the game will now load correctly.

I am not trying to point the finger at Krastorio at all, just I hope that showing what part of the prototype seems to be causing the crash will help you guys :)

Hope this helps :)

p.s.
Feel free to @ me on discord if you need anything more.

**edit**
After a bit more digging, it's gotta be something with my blueprints, i guess i have a loader in a bugged blueprint somewhere.
Turning off cloud blueprint sync and renaming my blueprint-storage.dat so it doesnt load also fixes the issue

AlienX
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.18.1] Crash when attempting to load a world [modded] (BlueprintEntities::setupContainedEntities)

Post by AlienX »

It's in the zip, but i'll post it here anyways.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(78.24 KiB) Downloaded 138 times

Honktown
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.18.1] Crash when attempting to load a world [modded] (BlueprintEntities::setupContainedEntities)

Post by Honktown »

There's a prototype error on start-up if a fast-replaceable group is not the same size as another, which may mean a possible bug with migrating the blueprint and the .18 change(s) to loaders.

Presumably "next_upgrade" uses the fast-replaceable group, or would have an error if it's not part of one but next_upgrade is set. Same possible source of bug: un-caught size change error on migration.
I have mods! I guess!
Link

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. It's now fixed for the next release.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”