[0.18.1] Dialog "Sync mods with save" offers to download mods already downloaded

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Impatient
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[0.18.1] Dialog "Sync mods with save" offers to download mods already downloaded

Post by Impatient »

When there are several versions of a mod in the mods folder (including the newest compatible) and an incompatible version currently is active (no matter if enabled or not enabled), the dialog "Sync mods with save" selects that mod for downloading in the section "Ready for downloading".

I have a save from 0.17.79 that has mod Wireshortcuts v0.3.174 in it. Wireshortcuts v0.3.174 is for Factorio 0.17 . Wireshortcuts v0.4.0 is for Factorio v0.18 . I already downloaded the updated version. It is in the mods folder and I think Factorio recognizes it, as both versions of Wireshortcuts appear in the mods property panel in the dropdown "Active version". There is no newer version of Wireshortcuts.

When I open the the "Sync mods with save" dialog for that save, without Wireshortcuts enabled, it offers me to enable the mod, but also to download it.

Two more mods are treated like this "Nixie tubes" and "Todo List". Newest version avaliable, compatible with Fv0.18 but checkboxed to download. The save was made with 28 mods (ex base). A lot of them have updated versions for Fv0.18 now. The commonality for those three mods is, that they have several versions in the mods folder (always including the newest).

Maybe it is not allowed to have several versions of a mod in the mods folder. Is it? I apologise in advance if I filed a bug report about a state Factorio is not allowed to be in. The dropdown "Active version" in the mods property panel makes me think the state is valid.

When clicking confirm then it downloads something 3 times. The contents of the mods folder do not change. When calling the smws-dialog again on that save after factorio restarted, those three mods are again marked for downloading and enabling. A look in the mods list shows that they are enabled, but the active version in all three cases is the version compatible with Fv0.17 . After selecting the version, compatible with 0.18, for all three mods, the smws-dialog shows them in the "correct"-section. Seems Factorio keeps downloading them until the active version is switched to a compatible one.

IMO that checkbox should be named "Switch to compatible" or "Switch to newest" if the compatible/newest version is already avaliable. Maybe Factorio should by itself switch to the newest compatible from an incompatible version of a mod on startup?

The current log is from the start after I selected the newest compatible versions to be the active versions.
The previous log is from after I let factorio download what it suggested.
Attachments
factorio-previous.log
(9.41 KiB) Downloaded 106 times
factorio-current.log
(7.83 KiB) Downloaded 97 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.18.1] Dialog "Sync mods with save" offers to download mods already downloaded

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. Can you post a save file and mods folder that I can use to reproduce this? I think it should be easy to fix but your reproduction steps sound a little... complicated :)
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Impatient
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.18.1] Dialog "Sync mods with save" offers to download mods already downloaded

Post by Impatient »

right :-)

Steps:
1. Install mod Wire Shortcuts versions 0.4.0 and 0.3.174
2. Start Factorio, go to mods and select WSv0.3.174 as active version of the mod. (-> Restart)
3. Select "Sync mods with save" on the attached save. It was made with Fv0.17.79 and WS0.3.174 .

Observed behavior: It shows WS in the section "Ready to download"
Expected behavior: Shows option to switch to compatible version WSv0.4.0 .

4. Check "Sync startup settings", uncheck "Load save after sync".
5. Click confirm (-> Restart)

Observed behavior: It downloads something

6. Select "Sync mods with save" on the attached save again.

Observed behavior: It shows WS in the section "Ready to download" again.
Expected behavior: It switched to the compatible version, it just (assumingly) downloaded.

7. Don't click confirm, close smws-dialog, go to factorio mods list.
8. Select 0.4.0 as the active version of mod Wire Shortcuts (-> Restart)
9. Select "Sync mods with save" on the attached save again.

Observed: Mod WS is shown in the section "Correct" now.
Attachments
smws behavior.zip
(1.67 MiB) Downloaded 93 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the save file and steps to reproduce the issue. It's now fixed for the next release.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”