[Klonan] [0.17.79] Error in pvp scenario: "attempt to index field 'team_names'"

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Queuebee
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[Klonan] [0.17.79] Error in pvp scenario: "attempt to index field 'team_names'"

Post by Queuebee »

I had this old save (and a bunch of back-ups) but I can't load any of them without getting an error. I really want to be able to play it again. I have no exact data on when it worked and when it stopped working. I think I had loaded it once in a newer version (around june) and after that it didn't work again.

What appears as 'odd' to me is that I created this world. I had it hosted on a server. I wouldn't know why it says "report this error to the scenario author", I have no idea what the error implies and how to fix it.

Part of the factorio-current.log file:

Code: Select all

83.818 Error MainLoop.cpp:1195: Exception at tick 217340658: The scenario level caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the scenario author.

Error while running event level::on_player_joined_game (ID 43)
.../AppData/Roaming/Factorio/temp/currently-playing/pvp.lua:3159: attempt to index field 'team_names' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	.../AppData/Roaming/Factorio/temp/currently-playing/pvp.lua:3159: in function 'is_ignored_force'
	.../AppData/Roaming/Factorio/temp/currently-playing/pvp.lua:2501: in function 'check_force_protection'
	.../AppData/Roaming/Factorio/temp/currently-playing/pvp.lua:3681: in function 'handler'
	__core__/lualib/event_handler.lua:44: in function <__core__/lualib/event_handler.lua:42>
  97.879 Info BlueprintShelf.cpp:717: Saving blueprint storage.
I uploaded the savefile here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1quLLwM ... sp=sharing
(its ~47MB)
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(6.27 KiB) Downloaded 152 times

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [Klonan] [0.17.79] Error in pvp scenario: "attempt to index field 'team_names'"

Post by Klonan »

Thanks for the report,

It is fixed for the next release

Queuebee
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [Klonan] [0.17.79] Error in pvp scenario: "attempt to index field 'team_names'"

Post by Queuebee »

Great. I am looking forward to the update, then!

Gosh I keep wondering what it takes to fix a bug like this and if it will help other people, too. Thanks for looking in to it!

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”