[0.11.9] Wrong missing ingredients feedback

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Gandalf
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[0.11.9] Wrong missing ingredients feedback

Post by Gandalf »

So I've seen this a few of times now, that the counters for missing crafting ingredients are wrong. Basically it says something like "you only have 3/10 required items in your inventory" when actually it's like 5/10.

I'm not exactly sure when this happens, it is quite rare. In the screenshot below you can see it occur with the Modular Armor MK2 and this may be the only item where this happens at all. I don't remember really, this is just where I noticed it most recently.

It only seems to happen if some items are missing, not all of them. Also may or may not have to do specifically with missing alien artifacts… I'm sorry it's a little vague, I may have to time to do some propper testing later.

edit: Note that this is only an issue of false information. Once all required ingredients are in the player's inventory the correct numbers are shown and the item can be crafted as usual.
Screenshot
Let me know if you need a gamesave or something (although it has definitely happend to me across multiple saves).

Cheers
Last edited by Gandalf on Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
OS: Linux Mint 19 x64 | desktop: Awesome 4.2  |  Intel Core i5 8600k  |  16GB DDR4  |  NVidia GTX 1050 Ti (driver version: 410.104)    (2019-03)

Gandalf
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.11.9] Wrong missing ingredients feedback

Post by Gandalf »

Thanks for pointing it out, although that thread kinda descended into chaos. The actual issue got a little lost there. Good to see some more examples though, apparently this is not limited to a specific item nor to the player.
OS: Linux Mint 19 x64 | desktop: Awesome 4.2  |  Intel Core i5 8600k  |  16GB DDR4  |  NVidia GTX 1050 Ti (driver version: 410.104)    (2019-03)

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Gandalf wrote:Thanks for pointing it out, although that thread kinda descended into chaos. The actual issue got a little lost there. Good to see some more examples though, apparently this is not limited to a specific item nor to the player.
I think you missed it: The game sees you have a item in your inventory and says "You're going to use this to craft a different needed item for this recipe" and doesn't count it towards the count of that *item* in the recipe but that item in the crafting of another item in that recipe.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

ovaron
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ovaron »

you are missing 4 "module 3" to craft the object. you need 4 alien artefacts to craft them, which means you have 25 for the actual thing you want to craft.

Same goes for the rest.

It counts correct.

Took me some time to get that myself.

Gandalf
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Gandalf »

Lol, wow. Now I see it. That's quite the hidden trap.
It's especially confusing because the available ingredients aren't even enough to craft a single further level three module, so neither of their numbers are increased.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Fixed for 0.11.16

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”