[0.4.0] Will not start

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Candunc
Inserter
Inserter

[0.4.0] Will not start

Post by Candunc »

The installer version of Factorio does not work in the latest version. However the .zip package works.

Details:
Windows 7 64 bit
Factorio 0.4.0 64 bit installer

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.4.0] Will not start

Post by kovarex »

Candunc wrote:The installer version of Factorio does not work in the latest version. However the .zip package works.

Details:
Windows 7 64 bit
Factorio 0.4.0 64 bit installer

The problem is, that the previous version wasn't uninstalled properly, I don't know why.

THe data folder now contains list of mods, and the prototype-definitions, it was there in older versions, and now it is located in data/prototype-definitions.

If you uninstall the game, and see what is left there ...

Grolleter
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Grolleter »

That isn't really supposed to be a forward slash after the "C:", is it? I don't know if it's the cause of this particular error message, but I'm pretty sure the file path is supposed to look like C:\Program Files\... in Windows.

MF-
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MF- »

Grolleter wrote:That isn't really supposed to be a forward slash after the "C:", is it? I don't know if it's the cause of this particular error message, but I'm pretty sure the file path is supposed to look like C:\Program Files\... in Windows.
Some cross-platform libraries automatically convert that for you... (in "if windows then translate / to \" fashion)
I am not sure this is the case of course.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

MF- wrote:
Grolleter wrote:That isn't really supposed to be a forward slash after the "C:", is it? I don't know if it's the cause of this particular error message, but I'm pretty sure the file path is supposed to look like C:\Program Files\... in Windows.
Some cross-platform libraries automatically convert that for you... (in "if windows then translate / to \" fashion)
I am not sure this is the case of course.
Actually windows accepts both "/" and "\" naturally, so it doesn't matter.
Edit: but yes, we use cross platform library to handle path manipulation (boost::filesystem::path), so this will be resolved correctly on some other platforms that would require it differently in the future.

MF-
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MF- »

kovarex wrote: Actually windows accepts both "/" and "\" naturally, so it doesn't matter.
Oh, good to know that they decided to be posix-compatible in this one, then.
They didn't last time I checked (around Y2K). I was pretty annoyed by typing Alt+92 instead of just hitting the slash key back then.

Candunc
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Candunc »

Saw this in pending, it seemed to happen after manually installing mods back in 0.2-ish, remove as not a bug.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”