[0.17.69] Map upgrade corrupted map

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Cribbit
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.17.69] Map upgrade corrupted map

Post by Cribbit »

Map was saved on 0.16.51

Upgraded to .17.69 seemingly successfully. Saved the game, exited. Came back later, map won't load, gets the "please submit log" error after full green bar.

Mods: LTN 1.8.0, which upgraded to LTN 1.11.1 (which added OpteraLib 0.1.8 as a dependency)

This is repeatable - I went to the .16 save, upgraded to .17, saved, this save also won't load.

Nuketest5 is the .16 map, failure-test is the corrupted map.

Log attached.
Attachments
nuketest-failure-test.zip
(8.46 MiB) Downloaded 110 times
nuketest5.zip
(10.28 MiB) Downloaded 114 times
factorio-current.log
(4.43 KiB) Downloaded 113 times

Dominik
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: [0.17.69] Map upgrade corrupted map

Post by Dominik »

Hi, this log does not contain the crash - it was probably in the "-previous" one.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

I looked into this and it looks like the issue is related to the Electric Network corruption due to an armor-with-grid getting leaked in the past leaving behind an electric network that nobody owns. It gets loaded but then nobody takes ownership of it on loading so it doesn't get saved correctly and fails to load correctly and fails to save correctly again in 0.17 resulting in crashing on loading.

I think the fix might be to remove the invalid electric network once the save is loaded in 0.17 but I'm not sure. The save might be corrupt beyond fixing.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Cribbit
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Cribbit »

Dominik wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:53 pm
Hi, this log does not contain the crash - it was probably in the "-previous" one.
Oops, I can re-do and reupload. But it looks like the map files were able to be used to recreate it?
Rseding91 wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:35 pm
I looked into this and it looks like the issue is related to the Electric Network corruption due to an armor-with-grid getting leaked in the past leaving behind an electric network that nobody owns. It gets loaded but then nobody takes ownership of it on loading so it doesn't get saved correctly and fails to load correctly and fails to save correctly again in 0.17 resulting in crashing on loading.

I think the fix might be to remove the invalid electric network once the save is loaded in 0.17 but I'm not sure. The save might be corrupt beyond fixing.
Thanks for looking into this.

I should've clarified, I don't need to recover this map, it was just a throwaway test map. But I figured if it hits this, it probably could manage to hit someone's actual gameplay map.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

Thanks for the report.

The bug that corrupted your map on migration to 0.17 was fixed for next release (so you'll be able to load 0.16 save and resave it in 0.17).
It was caused by detached character (on position {104, -133}) that has modular armor or power armor in its quickbar.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”