[kovarex] [0.17.63] Mod settings GUI: scroll bar partially obscured

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
OkraDonkey
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[kovarex] [0.17.63] Mod settings GUI: scroll bar partially obscured

Post by OkraDonkey »

With several mods enabled, open Settings, Mod Settings from the main menu or the in-game pause menu. In the Map and Per player tabs, a few pixels of the scroll bar seem to be underneath the border of the Mod settings window frame, making it a little bit challenging to grab.

Also, the width of the Mod settings window decreases slightly when selecting the Map or Per player tabs. The left edge of the window remains in position; the right edge moves. This change in width seems to be related to whether or not the scrollbar appears.

If no mods are enabled, there are no mod settings, so there are no tabs or scrollbars. If only one or two mods are enabled, such that a scrollbar isn't needed, window width doesn't change when selecting Map or Per player tabs. If several/many mods are loaded, so that the scrollbar appears, the scrollbar is clipped, and the window size changes when switching tabs.

I tried with a variety of different mods enabled to see if I could isolate a cause (such as a long mod name, long setting name, or long option string), but I see the same result whenever the scroll bar appears, regardless of which mods are enabled.

This issue does not appear to be affected by UI scaling.

As an additional minor nitpick, I also noticed that the dropdown arrow will overlay a long text string in a setting's dropdown (like for Closest First in the image), but perhaps rather than a bug, that's something mod authors should consider.

Thanks!

Comparison image:
ModSettings.png
ModSettings.png (364.05 KiB) Viewed 1016 times
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(4.78 KiB) Downloaded 72 times

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.63] Mod settings GUI: scroll bar partially obscured

Post by kovarex »

Thanks for the report, it is fixed for the next release now.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”