[Rseding91] [0.17.53] Worms listed in bonus screen for bonus attack damage

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
SteelGiant
Inserter
Inserter

[Rseding91] [0.17.53] Worms listed in bonus screen for bonus attack damage

Post by SteelGiant »

It appears that as of 0.17.53 worms are listed in the bonus window in a vanilla (marathon, deathworld) game, showing bonus damage. The amount of bonus damage appears to be the same value as my bullet damage value.

It does not appear that this damage bonus is being applied to enemy worms, presumably only to worms that I own if I was able to build any. See attached screenshot indicating bonuses and the bonuses not being listed for a normal worm in the world.

I don't think worms have been listed here, and displaying them now is unhelpful as I can never build them (unless the new campaign has major changes coming?!?) and it will probably confuse people who may be thinking that the bonus is being applied to hostile worms.
Attachments
WormDamageBug.png
WormDamageBug.png (2.95 MiB) Viewed 5137 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.53] Worms listed in bonus screen for bonus attack damage

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report however I can't reproduce what you're seeing. Have you used any mods or console commands on the save? Can you please post the save file?
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

SteelGiant
Inserter
Inserter

Post by SteelGiant »

No mods or console commands have ever been used in this save. This is in a pure vanilla game, although on marathon/deathworld. I have been playing it multiplayer with someone else and we both saw the same bonus screen with no desyncs. I checked I had never used console commands by seeing that the "this will disable achievements" popup still comes up, and my friend has been getting steam achievements.

This is the same game I got the gun and turret damage bonus applied twice bug on in viewtopic.php?f=29&t=72781 I would assume they are related, but this one is potentially a stylistic choice (showing friendly worm damage) vs the other one where there is certainly something affecting the mechanics. Also I only noticed the other one later, so separate bug reports.
Attachments
marathondeathworld99.zip
(35.9 MiB) Downloaded 184 times

abu_shawarib
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by abu_shawarib »

I encountered the same bug after upgrading from 0.17.52 to 0.17.53. Duplicate turret damage and extra damage to laser turret, also the worms thing. it just happened after upgrading. No mods or commands ever used. Custom vanilla world.
laser bonus should be around +130 but it's 625 here and it actually hits for that amount. (Turret descriptions are composited into one picture with photo editing)
death.zip
Vanilla World Save (Custom Settings no mods or commands)
(21.07 MiB) Downloaded 116 times

SteelGiant
Inserter
Inserter

Post by SteelGiant »

I have just run another test to rule out it not being to do with version .53.

I have loaded my last 0.17.52 save with .53 and then reverted my install to .52 and tried it again. The when loaded with .52 the save does not have the problem. Log file for loading in .53 attached.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(4.9 KiB) Downloaded 124 times
TurretDamageBugNotIn52.png
TurretDamageBugNotIn52.png (3.19 MiB) Viewed 5048 times
marathondeathworld98.zip
(34.26 MiB) Downloaded 194 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Ok, I managed to reproduce the problem and it's now fixed for the next version of 0.17.

SteelGiant
Inserter
Inserter

Post by SteelGiant »

Fantastic. Was this the same thing as the turret damage bonus viewtopic.php?f=29&t=72781 ?

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

SteelGiant wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:38 am
Fantastic. Was this the same thing as the turret damage bonus viewtopic.php?f=29&t=72781 ?
Yes.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”