creepers freeze

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Dakkanor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

creepers freeze

Post by Dakkanor »

i've been finding groups of creepers frozen in place that don't move untill i shoot them or get too close, they get hit and die when i shoot so it seems like their AI gets forgotten about for some reason, i have been seeing this mostly in my latest playthrough right from the start, however now that i'm at hour 20i see a minimum of 15-20 creepers freeze, sometimes it's more frozen creepers than moving ones.

this gets annoying because it means i have to look for them and hope that they do not start trashing my base the second they start moving.

ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: creepers freeze

Post by ficolas »

make turrets?

Dakkanor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Dakkanor »

ficolas wrote:make turrets?
like a turtle, the main difficulty is that i'm in a very large state of expansion, and i don't really know how big it will be when i'm done either.

an embarrassing point, i did try smattering laser turrets inside my industry area, which worked untill i had a power outage on a massive scale......

SilverWarior
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SilverWarior »

If you save and reload the game ater the crepers freeze do they still remain frozen? If the answer is yes please do provide your savegame as it will alow developers to track the problem.

Also do you have some parts of your base waled in? If you do then it is osibility that theese freezes ocur when the game can't find valid path to certain structure that creepers may have asigned as target.

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

I have briefly seen this problem before. It shouldn't be too hard to reproduce. I can imagine how annoying this is. I will try to get some time away from the trains to fix this soon.

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

So I tried to reproduce this but with little success. Would anyone have a (as small as possible) save displaying this ?

I am aware of the fact that creepers have a short memory. When they go for a quest (attack the player) and need to destroy some walls in the process they tend to "forget" what they were doing. Basically there is a logic at the moment that creepers try to find a new task after they are finished with the wall. However if there is no attack target within the range then they will just be stopped. The distance they search for enemy is something like 30 tiles.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”