[Oxyd] [0.17.40] Compilatron stuck between an assembler and a power pole

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
ceresward
Inserter
Inserter

[Oxyd] [0.17.40] Compilatron stuck between an assembler and a power pole

Post by ceresward »

I somehow managed to get Compilatron stuck between an assembler and a power pole. Deconstructing the power pole released him and allowed me to continue. But there was no obvious cue that I needed to do that.

compilatron_stuck.png
compilatron_stuck.png (2.02 MiB) Viewed 2149 times

1. What did you do?
2. What happened?

I built an assembler and then a power pole as pictured (the ones trapping Compilatron), shortly after finishing the circuits task but before completing the radar task. After building the radar, I was instructed "When you are ready, see what Compilatron wants". I walked over to Compilatron, but nothing happened. I saved the game, made copies of the savefile and logfile, then reloaded the game to see if I could fix it. I removed the power pole, which freed Compilatron so it could move to where it needed to be to continue the script. I'm not sure if Compilatron was in that location when I built the assembler and power pole, or if it wandered in afterward.

3. What did you expect to happen instead? It might be obvious to you, but do it anyway!

I expected Compilatron to not wander into a place where it could get stuck. And if it did somehow get stuck by accident, I expected it to ask the player for assistance getting unstuck (in its own endearing way, of course).

Obligatory logfile and savefile attached (both from when Compilatron was still stuck), as well as a screenshot.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(4.98 KiB) Downloaded 117 times
017_campaign.zip
(1.65 MiB) Downloaded 125 times

Oxyd
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: [Oxyd] [0.17.40] Compilatron stuck between an assembler and a power pole

Post by Oxyd »

Thanks, fixed in 0.17.51.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”