[kovarex] [0.17.38] CTD loading save: ghosts - *otherConnection.target.connectedEntity != this->innerEntity

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Kelder
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[kovarex] [0.17.38] CTD loading save: ghosts - *otherConnection.target.connectedEntity != this->innerEntity

Post by Kelder »

Error EntityGhost.cpp:647: *otherConnection.target.connectedEntity != this->innerEntity was not true

Crash to desktop when loading the save LazyBastard_608_0.17.31.zip (157MB, play time ~805h, vanilla)

I could load the save fine with 0.17.31, crashed with 0.17.32, 0.17.34, 0.17.35 and 0.17.38
I tried with earlier saves, last one that works is LazyBastard_603_0.17.17.zip, but it is 5h30m earlier. I can upload it if needed.

Thanks for a great game, I hope this report can help improving it!
Attachments
factorio-current0.17.38.log
(49.26 KiB) Downloaded 50 times
factorio-current0.17.32.log
(86.44 KiB) Downloaded 44 times

Dominik
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: [Dominik][0.17.38] CTD loading save: *otherConnection.target.connectedEntity != this->innerEntity

Post by Dominik »

Thanks, sure will :)
Do you remember what you were doing before saving that game and can any witness confirm your story?
It would help me to narrow it down to some location. Probably some fluid related blueprints.

Kelder
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [Dominik][0.17.38] CTD loading save: *otherConnection.target.connectedEntity != this->innerEntity

Post by Kelder »

No witnesses, all single player...

But I tried another approach and went back in saves instead of factorio versions: last save I can successfully open with 0.17.38 is LazyBastard_603_0.17.17.zip while LazyBastard_604.zip makes it crash.

There's only 1,5 hours of play time between, most if not all of that is spent on the section where it loads, besides my construction train, messing with circuit network setups. I was still working on those in LazyBastard_608 even but may have fixed a mine or so in between.

I don't remember doing anything with fluid connections recently. Refinery hasn't been changed since conversion to 0.17 new science recipes, nuclear power plant hasn't been touched since 0.16 or earlier...

So to the left and below construction train there are groups of combinators, each setup should be a circuit network to be connected to a request and/or supply station and output the current stock or current request.
Interface to is right power pole, input on red wire, output will be on green wire.
Input A=1 -> output all supplied resources,
B=1 -> output negative requested resources,
C=1 -> A+B
Q=nnn -> only output base whose constant combinator has S set to nnn + activate speaker
The supply/request constant combinators should represent a production block/station with the resources it has or needs.

Plan is then to have them all connected to the global network between all train tracks, connect all stations (with unique S=nnn code) and have real-time info on how much of each resources is available. Or to select a single station for details on it and an alert to locate it on the map or even activate the passenger station there.
Attachments
LazyBastard_604.log
(87.33 KiB) Downloaded 43 times

Dominik
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by Dominik »

Ah, sorry, my bad. I have the same checks with fluids so I thought it was mine, but it is actually ghosts. So I will have to push the bug to the ether again. Thanks for the details, it will be useful with regard to the ghosts.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [kovarex] [0.17.38] CTD loading save: ghosts - *otherConnection.target.connectedEntity != this->innerEntity

Post by kovarex »

Thanks for the report.

I'm not 100% sure how this happened, but since the save is all the way from 0.15, lot of different things could happen.

I made a migration that makes the save loadable in 0.17.40 and I also added a check of this problem when saving, so if it ever happens again, it will be discovered while saving instead of doing unloadable save.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”