[0.17.34] ERROR: Factorio crashed due to Stack overflow. when working with electric power poles

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
edavis6678
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.17.34] ERROR: Factorio crashed due to Stack overflow. when working with electric power poles

Post by edavis6678 »

I was re-routing electrical in a few large Solar fields, (ie. cleaning up poles and the electrical network in general), when Factorio crashed.

I believe the act of disconnecting and reconnecting the large power source from the network (1.4 million panels in total), and re-attaching quickly may have some factor. It can be easily recreated on demand.

Log files and game save here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1tcfSB ... OedP5R6nub

Let me know if you need any additional information as I can recreate it. I don't think most people will have a solar field this big, but maybe something worth a look into.

Running Vanilla, no mods. (server is running on headless Ubunto/Linux)

-E

TruePikachu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.17.34] ERROR: Factorio crashed due to Stack overflow. when working with electric power poles

Post by TruePikachu »

Code: Select all

00007FF804DAE70E (ntdll): (filename not available): KiUserExceptionDispatcher
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-build-oacria\src\entity\electricpole.cpp (636): ElectricPole::mergeNetworks
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-build-oacria\src\entity\electricpole.cpp (644): ElectricPole::mergeNetworks
[NB: line 644 entry repeated 998 times not shown here]
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-build-oacria\src\entity\electricpole.cpp (644): ElectricPole::mergeNetworks
ERROR: StackWalk64-Endless-Callstack!, GetLastError: 0 (Address: 00007FF7326578BA)

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.34] ERROR: Factorio crashed due to Stack overflow. when working with electric power poles

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report and the save file. I was able to reproduce the crash and it's now fixed for the next version of 0.17. It's still quite slot to add/remove that electric pole but it doesn't crash.

I have some ideas about how to make it faster but those will have to wait for some future time.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

edavis6678
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by edavis6678 »

It's been my dream to make it to the patch notes!! Only took over a million solar panels to do it :) lol

I"m glad you were able to figure it out.

-E

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”