[kovarex] [0.17.31] Crash after train finishes a schedule composed of multiple temporary stops with no wait conditions

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
ERJHolton
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[kovarex] [0.17.31] Crash after train finishes a schedule composed of multiple temporary stops with no wait conditions

Post by ERJHolton »

Attached: Save file and log.

Mods: Some, but none that should affect train behaviour.

Description: When a train reaches the end of a schedule that consists solely of temporary stops that have all had their wait conditions removed, the game crashes.

Reproduction (using attached save file):
* Place a locomotive on the nearby roundabout.
* Open the schedule for the locomotive.
* Add 10 - 12 temporary stops within the circle of the roundabout, so it can get up to full speed before the end of the list.
* Delete all of the wait conditions on the temporary stops.
* Add fuel to the locomotive to set it going.
* Observe the schedule as the locomotive travels through the list.
* The game consistently crashes for me when it reaches the end of the list.

Situations where the game does not crash:
* If the last temporary stop on the list has a wait condition.
* If the last stop is a regular train station.
Attachments
ERJH-CrashTest.zip
(9.23 MiB) Downloaded 114 times
factorio-current.log
(11.45 KiB) Downloaded 126 times

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [kovarex] [0.17.31] Crash after train finishes a schedule composed of multiple temporary stops with no wait conditio

Post by kovarex »

I tried to reproduce the crash, but I couldn't. I also don't see any crashlogs of this in the newest versions, so I assume, that it was fixed. Let me know if you can still reproduce it in the latest version.

ERJHolton
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [kovarex] [0.17.31] Crash after train finishes a schedule composed of multiple temporary stops with no wait conditio

Post by ERJHolton »

Just tried again, and it still crashes.

Attached is a 7z file with log, dump, and a save file with the following slight updates:

* All mods removed
* Train already on the roundabout and set up with a schedule that'll crash the game reliably for me, just needs fuel.

Edit: you may have a couple of extra crash reports on this now. I've tried the save / schedule on two different computers and the crash was reproducible on them.
Attachments
CrashesIn0.17.37.7z
(9.2 MiB) Downloaded 107 times

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Thanks for the report and for the reproducer. It is now fixed for 0.17.40 (as 39 is already in the release process)

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”