[0.17.26] Pollution producing things show up as consumers in production statistics window

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
sawbladex
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.17.26] Pollution producing things show up as consumers in production statistics window

Post by sawbladex »

On reflection, I could see the "whoops, added a negative when I shouldn't have." bug that messes up the chart, to cause both issues to be only one bug in the code.

The game only updates chunks that are polluted, and it knows chunks are polluted because pollution was made there or in a nearby chunk, but now it creates pollution while thinking it is removing pollution, meaning any new ground zeros for pollution just build pollution forever according to the map, but never toggle on the oh, pollution should spread and get deleted by tiles.

I wouldn't be surprised if you can build in biter nests and not cause biter pollution attack waves to spawn (you will cause biter new tasty food waves to spawn if you bring a player character, or a player character in a robot.)

Ultros
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.17.26] Pollution producing things show up as consumers in production statistics window

Post by Ultros »

sawbladex wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:42 pm
On reflection, I could see the "whoops, added a negative when I shouldn't have." bug that messes up the chart, to cause both issues to be only one bug in the code.

The game only updates chunks that are polluted, and it knows chunks are polluted because pollution was made there or in a nearby chunk, but now it creates pollution while thinking it is removing pollution, meaning any new ground zeros for pollution just build pollution forever according to the map, but never toggle on the oh, pollution should spread and get deleted by tiles.

I wouldn't be surprised if you can build in biter nests and not cause biter pollution attack waves to spawn (you will cause biter new tasty food waves to spawn if you bring a player character, or a player character in a robot.)
This is likely the cause. I've tried another test, this time with the air filter mod mentioned earlier (which is incorrectly displaying as an emitter) and the pollution now spreads. This is why I incorrectly stated earlier that I did in fact see the pollution spread occurring. The non-spreading of pollution is likely due to the tile being incorrectly classified as having no polluters on it, and being disabled by the optimizer.

-edit- Yes, it does appear to be the case. viewtopic.php?p=421429#p421429

mystiana
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by mystiana »

Thank you for fixing the bug. Are the trees supposed to be creating pollution as well as consuming it? I'm not quite sure how that would work, but even in my new game [0.17.27], the trees are currently creating 6.4/m pollution.

Also, my game started in 0.17.26 was completely destroyed by massive biter waves as soon as the pollution was released. I have never seen so many small biters attack at once... we're talking 50-60 biter waves every 45-60 seconds, from multiple directions... and the deforestation was impressive. This was a game working on starting chemical science, so hardly a megabase or anything, lol. Guess that save is a goner! Oh well, part of playing experimental, right? :)

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”