[0.17.21] Multiplayer Scenario Started locally fail unless blueprint.zip deleted from Scenario

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Nanostech
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.17.21] Multiplayer Scenario Started locally fail unless blueprint.zip deleted from Scenario

Post by Nanostech »

I like to hop on multiplayer servers with interesting custom scenarios but never have the time to devote to them in large chunks. However, since those scenarios get downloaded to local factorio when you connect to a server, I then go back and play the interesting ones solo on my computer. I have done this since 0.15 and on 0.16. I recently picked up 0.17 and tried to do this but cannot with any scenario. I tried on 0.17.18 and 0.17.21. It gives errors like "invalid realorientation" or very commonly "(not enough data remaining (wrong count?)" when choosing the scenario and picking create.

I have 8 scenarios in my list and all of them fail as described above but then I deleted the blueprint.zip in each scenario and now every single one of them works fine! Hopefully that is enough to figure out the problem, because I don't have a log since I fixed them all before thinking about reporting it. I guess I can go back and find some new ones to fail if needed though. Thanks.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.21] Multiplayer Scenario Started locally fail unless blueprint.zip deleted from Scenario

Post by Klonan »

Can you provide some of the scenarios with the blueprint.dat still?

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.21] Multiplayer Scenario Started locally fail unless blueprint.zip deleted from Scenario

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report: This is fixed in the latest version of 0.17 (0.17.21) but you need to remove the corrupt scenarios that are already on your disk in the scenarios folder. Any future ones you get from joining servers should work correctly.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Nanostech
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Nanostech »

Thanks Rseding91, will test tonight with one of the same servers after clearing out scenario directory.

Nanostech
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Nanostech »

Appears fixed, thanks.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”