Delay when cursor moves to icons which needs a large amount of ingredients in Sandbox mode.

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
ABacker
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Delay when cursor moves to icons which needs a large amount of ingredients in Sandbox mode.

Post by ABacker »

20190304080605.png
20190304080605.png (5.13 MiB) Viewed 3329 times
In Sandbox mode,it seems to enter into an endless loop for counting the ingredients.It causes 5-10 secs delay.
It doesn't happen in normal mode.
20190304085353.png
20190304085353.png (3.78 MiB) Viewed 3329 times
It shows the correct ingredients in normal mode.

net4fun
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Delay when cursor moves to icons which needs a large amount of ingredients in Sandbox mode.

Post by net4fun »

Yeah, happens to me to. It freezes the game, had to alt+ctr+del out and terminate the game to exit it.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Delay when cursor moves to icons which needs a large amount of ingredients in Sandbox mode.

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. We've had this report a few times with different amounts of freezing but the issue is always the same: the recipe chain is just too big for the game to show it in a reasonable amount of time.

I changed it so for the next version of 0.17 after some number of steps to calculate things like total-raw and how-many-times-can-this-be-crafted it just gives up and says "you can't do it, it's too complex".
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

ABacker
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ABacker »

It seems to happen with cheat_mode on.And the fps drops about 2-6 even when checking the complex recipes in normal mode.

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

Rseding91 wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:48 pm
Thanks for the report. We've had this report a few times with different amounts of freezing but the issue is always the same: the recipe chain is just too big for the game to show it in a reasonable amount of time.

I changed it so for the next version of 0.17 after some number of steps to calculate things like total-raw and how-many-times-can-this-be-crafted it just gives up and says "you can't do it, it's too complex".
Is it possible to add an option to disable it entirely? While it works fine for vanilla, the total raw from mods display elements that often aren't relevant to the recipe at all.

Turning it off would vastly help remove the clutter for modded games.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”