[0.17.4] Desync repeatedly happens when connecting to server

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
turborooster
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.17.4] Desync repeatedly happens when connecting to server

Post by turborooster »

I was setting up oil cracking and had set up ghosts with pipes (undergrounds and normal). Friend (chickenCombo) was setting up offshore pump for water and had placed many underground pipes. I had some ghost pipe-to-grounds show connections to placed pipe-to-grounds (not ghosts) and the desync started occurring, repeatedly. I have tried reconnecting multiple times, and my friend had removed the ghost pipe-to-grounds as we think the culprit may be the new ghost pipe mechanic, but the desync continues to occur. I reconnect, and both my friend and I can stand in the same spot and do nothing and I will desync, or he can be doing something and I will still desync.

Another friend (BakedBeans) joined the server and also began desyncing. His report is attached as well.

ChickenCombo is the host but he is using the standalone terminal to host, and using the steam client to play on the hosted server from the same machine. He is not desyncing. He's running win10 x64.

Hope that provides enough info for you guys, let me know if anything else is needed.

Here is the google drive folder since I was unable to upload it to the forum.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1nsVtI ... ANAPFvMCmw

turborooster
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.17.4] Desync repeatedly happens when connecting to server

Post by turborooster »

Nope, no mods.

ChickenCombo
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ChickenCombo »

Hello,

I was hosting the server and after looking around the save today I think it has something to do with pasting/blueprinting pipe to ground in between an active pipe to ground connection.

The oil refineries stopped working for no discernible reason and after tracing the pipes on the output I noticed that the heavy oil pipes to ground between the refineries and the storage tanks went from 100 on one segment to 22 on the next segment, even though they are connected, and there was no flow. This section where the flow stopped was the section where a blueprint/paste of pipe to ground ghosts was placed, but subsequently removed (there are no ghosts there at the time of writing this). I think this is causing the desync as one of the clients may be trying to simulate flow in this section while the server is not.

Hope this helps.
Thanks!

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

This should be fixed in the latest version of 0.17.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”