[Twinsen] [0.17.3] Can't open Deconstruction Planner GUI from quickbar

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
RockDeicide
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[Twinsen] [0.17.3] Can't open Deconstruction Planner GUI from quickbar

Post by RockDeicide »

I can open Deconstruction Planner GUI from my inventory screen, I can open blueprint GUI from quickbar, but I can't do the latter for the decon planner. Right-clicking on the planner simply puts it into a cursor.

EDIT: I also can't clear filters off decon planner from quickbar.
EDIT2: Actually I can't use shift-right click to clear blueprints and decon planner at all, was that ever an option in the base game or was that from a mod?
EDIT3: I'm confused, I Can clear blueprints and decon planner, but sometimes they don't allow that? I can't tell what is influencing that.

Twinsen
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.3] Can't open Deconstruction Planner GUI from quickbar

Post by Twinsen »

Everything seem to work fine. You need to figure out where or what happens when you can't open or clear blueprinting tools.

RockDeicide
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [Twinsen] [0.17.3] Can't open Deconstruction Planner GUI from quickbar

Post by RockDeicide »

OK, after some testing I may have found the problem: if I put the planner onto the quickbar by clicking on the cell with planner in hand, then everything works fine, note that when I do this there is no number indicating the quantity of planners inside the inventory. However, if I middle-click on the quickbar icon and select the deconstruction planner or upgrade planner, then whenever there is at least one of them inside the inventory, the quickbar icon will have a number on it and it won't normally interactible anymore. Hope this helps.

Tested with and without mods.

Twinsen
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Twinsen »

Oh, I see.
A slot can have 2 types of shortcuts:
- generic shortcut: e.g. all fast inserters
- specific item: this is for unique, non-stackable items that can hold some state, such as blueprints or power armors.

When selecting the filter by clicking an empty slot and selecting a generic blueprint as a filter, it sets it as a generic shortcut to "any blueprint".
Not sure how to handle this as this could be useful in some situations, especially with mods. "Do you want this car with this equipment grid, or do you want any car?"

I might simply not allow creation of generic shortcuts to unique items.

RockDeicide
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by RockDeicide »

At the very least there should be a clear indication what kind of shortcut the player is dealing with, maybe a tool tip.

tehfreek
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by tehfreek »

Twinsen wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:39 pm
I might simply not allow creation of generic shortcuts to unique items.
That would be awesome. I can't count the number of times in 0.16 that I'd misplace a blueprint in my toolbar and have to hunt it down and put it back in the "correct" slot.

Turbofant
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Turbofant »

Maybe related: I was just very confused by the new deconstruction planner mechanic in combination with the shortcut bar. I opened the decon-planner from the tool-menu and placed it in the shortcut menu. The red icon appeared and everything seems to be good. Until I dropped the decon-planner from my hand with Q, the shortcut disappeared.
After googling the issue I found this bug report, and now I have realized I first have to place the decon-planner in my inventory to have it placeable in the shortcut menu.

Twinsen
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Twinsen »

Fixed in Version: 0.17.5
- Blueprinting tools are no longer shown in the quickbar filter selection.

Twinsen
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Twinsen »

Turbofant wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:28 pm
Maybe related: I was just very confused by the new deconstruction planner mechanic in combination with the shortcut bar. I opened the decon-planner from the tool-menu and placed it in the shortcut menu. The red icon appeared and everything seems to be good. Until I dropped the decon-planner from my hand with Q, the shortcut disappeared.
After googling the issue I found this bug report, and now I have realized I first have to place the decon-planner in my inventory to have it placeable in the shortcut menu.
This is a different issue we will be looking into properly later when we implement the new blueprint library.
What will probably happen is, in your case, when placing a "temporary" deconstruction planner in the quickbar, it will be automatically moved to your inventory.

Philip017
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Philip017 »

Twinsen wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:54 pm
Turbofant wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:28 pm
This is a different issue we will be looking into properly later when we implement the new blueprint library.
What will probably happen is, in your case, when placing a "temporary" deconstruction planner in the quickbar, it will be automatically moved to your inventory.
i am perfectly ok with it going away when i press Q, if i want to keep it i will put it in my inventory first, the only times i have changed the deconstruction planner is temporary to clear only some trees/rocks. otherwise it's current function works well for me, i like that it does not clutter my inventory.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”