[wheybags][0.17.3] turret with ammo requirement becomes impossible when turret first detected is gone

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
matjojo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[wheybags][0.17.3] turret with ammo requirement becomes impossible when turret first detected is gone

Post by matjojo »

Like the title says, I placed a turret and filled it. The game detected it and it ticket the objective, after deleting this turret with others still standing (with ammo) the objective got unticket. Image related:
factorio_2019-02-28 - 1551390900 - 00000138.jpg
factorio_2019-02-28 - 1551390900 - 00000138.jpg (298.69 KiB) Viewed 4213 times

matjojo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.17.3] turret with ammo requirement becomes impossible when turret first detected is gone

Post by matjojo »

ow yeah, map file in here
bug objective not correct.zip
(2.17 MiB) Downloaded 192 times

TheUnknown007
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.17.3] turret with ammo requirement becomes impossible when turret first detected is gone

Post by TheUnknown007 »

I have a similar problem, but for me it just didn't detect it for the first turret.
After some testing it seems like there is a range around the second starting area (with the water), if you build it too far from there (i.e. close to the biters) it doesn't count.

Just a random thought, with no testing on my part whatsoever: It may have something to do with extending the map (i.e. it doesn't work on the old parts of the map)

TheUnknown007
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TheUnknown007 »

After some more testing: the border where it is detected is at x=0, so that's probably not a coincidence

matjojo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by matjojo »

That is a very probable cause, I suppose if I hand't had noticed the obvious bottleneck here I would have left the turrets to the left of the iron ore, but since this gave me more safety I went for this.

EDIT: about the x=0 thing, I assume the mapmaker just took x=0 as the left side of the map, but turns out that that is not the case here? I haven't opened up the script yet for fear of breaking stuff in my save so just waiting for the devs to reply I suppose

TheUnknown007
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TheUnknown007 »

I've tested your save, if you place the turrets past the x=0 line it will detect it and complete the objective

matjojo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by matjojo »

good to know. Will use that as workaround for now.

matjojo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by matjojo »

Another addition, those turrets place to the west are also not being picked up by the bot in it's low ammo and damaged messages.

wheybags
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: [wheybags][0.17.3] turret with ammo requirement becomes impossible when turret first detected is gone

Post by wheybags »

Fixed for the next version, but only for new saves.
Thanks for the report!

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”