[Rseding91][0.17.2] Mods UI: Dependency arrows should take you from the Manage tab to the Install tab

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
TheBloke
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[Rseding91][0.17.2] Mods UI: Dependency arrows should take you from the Manage tab to the Install tab

Post by TheBloke »

This may be a Suggestion rather than a Bug, however the behaviour can be a little confusing so I'm placing it here first:

The mod UI contains arrows next to each mod dependency. These arrows always apply to the tab you're currently in. So if you click a dependency arrow under the Install tab, it takes you to that required mod under Install. Likewise if you click the arrow under Manage, and you have the required dependency installed, it takes you to that dependency under Manage.

However if you have already installed a mod but failed to install its dependencies, it would be very useful if clicking the dependency arrow under Manage would take you to that required mod in the Install tab.

If you forget to install a dependency at the same time as installing the mod, your natural reaction is to click on the mod under Manage, see the missing dependencies and then click their arrows. Nothing happens when you do this, which isn't a great user experience. The user then needs to go find the mod under Install so they can click the dependency arrows there instead - or just search manually to find the dependencies in Install.

It would be quicker and more intuitive if, when dependencies are not installed, the arrows in the Manage tab could link directly to the required mods in the Install tab.

I realise it's a bit of an edge-case, however both EnigmaticAussie and I found the same confusion at the same time and so thought it worth raising.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [Rseding91][0.17.2] Mods UI: Dependency arrows should take you from the Manage tab to the Install tab

Post by Rseding91 »

Ok, I've changed it so both the manage and update tabs will bring you to the install tab if the mod isn't listed on the associated tab.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”