[0.17.2] left clicking in inventory places currently held object on map behind inventory

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
polvanacoleyen
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.17.2] left clicking in inventory places currently held object on map behind inventory

Post by polvanacoleyen »

Situation: I'm holding something (let's say a belt) and I have my inventory open. I want to change that belt into something from my inventory (poles). When i left click on the poles in my inventory, my cursor does not change from belt to poles, and instead a belt gets placed BEHIND my inventory, on the position where I clicked my inventory.
Same happens with the toolbar: left clicking in the toolbar places something on the map behind the toolbar.

The only workaround: I always have to deselect the currently held item first by pressing Q, and then left clicking an item in the inventory/toolbar.

It definetely worked correctly in 0.17.0

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.2] left clicking in inventory places currently held object on map behind inventory

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report however I can't reproduce what you're describing. When I click anything in the inventory it always moves it around in the inventory.

What are your controls setup as - can you send me config.ini?
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

polvanacoleyen
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.17.2] left clicking in inventory places currently held object on map behind inventory

Post by polvanacoleyen »

Rseding91 wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:10 pm
Thanks for the report however I can't reproduce what you're describing. When I click anything in the inventory it always moves it around in the inventory.

What are your controls setup as - can you send me config.ini?
Hi, When loading 0.17.2 for the first time, I got a message saying my controls were reset to standard, so I left them at that.
Here's my config.ini file:
config.ini
(20.26 KiB) Downloaded 70 times

Syhn
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Syhn »

This happens when a menu is open such as setting a logistics request or the dropdown in a combimator. Then the main window can be clicked through.

polvanacoleyen
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by polvanacoleyen »

Syhn wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:57 am
This happens when a menu is open such as setting a logistics request or the dropdown in a combimator. Then the main window can be clicked through.
I can't remember having a menu of that kind open. It was a very early base, all I have are some smelters, mines, steam power and 2 labs.

Griggers
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Griggers »

I noticed the same problem since 0.17.2 release.

When trying to build some engines i tried to place some pipes in the assemblers but every time i left click the pipes (in their slot) it first places one in the world.

Also on a test world I noticed that when trying to clear a blueprint shift-rightclick (which didn't seem to work) it would deconstruct the object in the world behind the cursor.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Ah ok, then it's fixed for 0.17.3.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”