[0.17.2][Twinsen] Issues with the hitbox of Dry Hairy Tree

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Peksy
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.17.2][Twinsen] Issues with the hitbox of Dry Hairy Tree

Post by Peksy »

Another user posted the same issue and got the response that it wasn't replicable; viewtopic.php?f=7&t=65481&p=401731

However I found the same issue with the Dry Hairy Tree and managed to replicate it simply by going into the map editor and placing said trees. Unsure if it applies to naturally generated ones or other entities but anyway, here's an album of screenshots of the issue at hand:
https://imgur.com/a/9E1tF7X

Edit: forgot to mention that it doesn't affect all trees, just the ones I provided screenshots of
Last edited by Peksy on Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

CDarklock
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.17.2] Issues with the hitbox of Dry Hairy Tree

Post by CDarklock »

Peksy wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:46 pm
However I found the same issue with the Dry Hairy Tree and managed to replicate it simply by going into the map editor and placing said trees. Unsure if it applies to naturally generated ones or other entities but anyway, here's an album of screenshots of the issue at hand:
https://imgur.com/a/9E1tF7X
I've found dry hairy trees that don't have this problem, so the idea that it's only one particular kind of dry hairy tree makes sense. I don't know enough about the internals to speculate on why it might happen or what might make it difficult to reproduce.

Peksy
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.17.2] Issues with the hitbox of Dry Hairy Tree

Post by Peksy »

CDarklock wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:59 pm
I've found dry hairy trees that don't have this problem, so the idea that it's only one particular kind of dry hairy tree makes sense. I don't know enough about the internals to speculate on why it might happen or what might make it difficult to reproduce.
My theory is that since trees seem to spawn at an offset to the grid (to make the forests look more natural), this happens due to some error within the parameters of said offset. Again unsure if it applies to other entities but several types of dry hairy tree have this issue to various extent but it's one in particular that really shows it.

I had no issue reproducing it though, so I wouldn't know

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.2][Twinsen] Issues with the hitbox of Dry Hairy Tree

Post by Bilka »

Just for reference: Can be reproduced on normal sprite resolution. This are the properties of the tree: Image
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

Twinsen
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.2][Twinsen] Issues with the hitbox of Dry Hairy Tree

Post by Twinsen »

Fixed in Version: 0.17.3
Thanks.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”