[0.11.1] [MINOR] Potential Shift+Click restriction bypass

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Zedrox
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.11.1] [MINOR] Potential Shift+Click restriction bypass

Post by Zedrox »

Hi! Whilst having great fun in the new multi-player (and yes, I understand that it's a development build in an alpha game), I noticed a potential way to bypass restrictions on what modules you can attach to devices.

When I went to equip a speed module in my electric furnace, I noticed that the game gave me an error message stating that I was not allowed to do as such. I found this weird, as I was sure I had equipped the module to the furnace in the past with no problems, and proceeded to shift-click the module, which happily mounted it with no problems :shock: .

Repetitive tries made it clear that it was impossible to mount the speed module the 'normal' way, but shift-clicking did so with no issues :?: .

Before having a quick check of the factorio wiki just now, I assumed that this was definitely a bug of being allowed to equip the speed module using this method, as why would the game present a message telling you that you were not allowed to do something, and then allow you to do it by a different method? Having quickly checked the wiki however, it states that the electric furnace does support modules, so I may have misunderstood what is supposed to happen, and the speed module is supposed to be able to be equipped (therefore the error being that you cannot equip it using the 'normal' method and the shift-click method working correctly).

Either way, unless I have misunderstood this entirely, it's definitely a bug of some kind (if a minor one in the scale of what horror multi-player has unleashed upon the world :P ). Thanks for looking into this :) .

WiduX
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.11.1] [MINOR] Potential Shift+Click restriction bypas

Post by WiduX »

The exact same thing happens with efficiency modules. You used to be able to use them no problem, so I'm guessing that it was a bug introduced with the changes the devs did in the back end regarding furnaces.

Align
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Align »

Yeah, module slots are acting up in .11

https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... f=7&t=6337

Zedrox
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Zedrox »

Align wrote:Yeah, module slots are acting up in .11

If anyone's still browsing this thread, It's fixed in .12

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

Zedrox wrote:
Align wrote:Yeah, module slots are acting up in .11

If anyone's still browsing this thread, It's fixed in .12
This came out of internal furnace / assembler becoming same thing refactoring. As Zedrox says it should have been fixed in 0.11.2+.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”