[0.11.1] Desync loop on taking damage

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
noisy
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.11.1] Desync loop on taking damage

Post by noisy »

After i create multiplayer game, and my friends join, if someone gets hit by enemy - we get desync... after game finishes synchronizing and unpouses situation repeats emediatly... so we get stuck in sync loop, which can be solved only with alt+f4.
We are playing Windows x64 version via Hamachi network.

maysjw
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.11.1] Desync loop on taking damage

Post by maysjw »

Can confirm that this also happens when a friend and I play. The moment we take damage from a biter/spitter/worm we have the same desync.

EDIT: The issue seems to be when once player is using the 32bit version of factorio on windows and another is using 64bit version of factorio on windows. Both OS's are Windows 8.1 64bit.

knub23
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by knub23 »

I can confirm this. It desyncs when we get hit and often when the walls are being attacked. We also play 32bit and 64bit version in a 2 player game. Both OS are Win7

Edit: I switched to 32bit so that both players had the 32bit version. This fixed the issue.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

this makes me wonder what random function the devs are using for Factorio, because it seems like 64bit players are using a different function to the 32bit players, which in turn generates different random values, which in turn generates different events on either end, which in turn causes a desync.

if they're using the built in functions from the latest C++ Specification (assuming that's the language), then it is possible the compiled code uses a different random function.

However, that leaves me curious as to why only taking damage causes a desync, random is used extensively in the game, for example, when biters choose to attack, which biters spawn, generating new areas of map, etc.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

noisy
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by noisy »

yes.. installing same version for every player totaly fixes the problem

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

This is probably related to the pathfinding desync problem, so it should be fixed for 0.11.4.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”