[Resolved 0.3.1] Assembling Machines don't work!

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Slythercon
Inserter
Inserter

[Resolved 0.3.1] Assembling Machines don't work!

Post by Slythercon »

I realised that in the old version [0.2.10] That some of my assembling machines were not working. All the ingredients were in and the power was fine but they just wouldn't go. In which case I just waited for the new update [0.3.0] but unfortunately it hasn't been fixed. Any help?

Arakasi
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Assembling Machines don't work!

Post by Arakasi »

I have also problem with assembled machines. Saved games from version 0.2.10 opened now in 0.3.0 have corrupted producing process in assembling machines. The list of ingredients from saved games is different than it should be (seen for electric inserter and fast inserter).

And also game crashed several times during choosing new assembling products. It just "stop working".
Running win x64 bit version under Win 7.

zlosynus
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by zlosynus »

It might be that the list of items is in a different order than the pre-inserted items. So the items are in incorrect slots and the assembling machines do not produce anything.

MF-
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MF- »

The same thing happened to me as it did to zlosynus.

The first and 3rd slot content was swapped after the upgrade - I had to swap them back into correct slots.

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

Zlosynus is right. Cleaning the input slots of the Assembling Machine will solve the problem for that one assembling machine.

This bug was caused by migrating the data files from JSON to Lua. The ingredients for the recipe are defined in the lua map (table with string keys). As a result the ordering might be different than when parsing the data from the JSON files.

This will be fixed in the next release. Assembling machine will make sure to reorganize ists slots based on the recipe ordering. On top of that the recipe ordering will be enforced to follow the item ordering based on the order string.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”