[0.10.12] Deconstruction planner vs lamps

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[0.10.12] Deconstruction planner vs lamps

Post by Boogieman14 »

Lamps will remain lit even when unpowered after they've been marked for deconstruction.

In fact, they even remain lit during the day ;)
I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's the same, but with the letters in the correct order.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [0.10.12] Deconstruction planner vs lamps

Post by ssilk »

Should be turned off before. :)

That is true for power poles, too. But that is useful to let them run.

Is there a list of stuff, that is turned off/keep on when deconstructing?
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

DaCyclops
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by DaCyclops »

Just tested myself and could replicate it, along with some other deconstruction happenings.

I would guess that the moment something is flagged for Deconstruction it is "Frozen" - It no longer does updates to its state. In the case of transport belts, it means they stop moving. Pipes stop transferring liquids, engines stop generating power, inserters freeze mid-itemmove, assemblers freeze mid-craft, chests cant be automatically-accessed, so on, so on.
In the case of lights, it means they are "stuck" on even without power. I did notice that inserters retained their power, assemblers retained their items (and could be upgraded to "resume" their operation) pipes retained their liquids (and if in-place upgraded using Dytech pipes, would "resume" operation and add their liquid back to adjoining pipes), and engines retained their exact usage state at that moment.

Maybe the deconstruction planner needs to forceably unpower and drain batteries on anything before it deconstructs it.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

I'm for an on/off switch on every device. :)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

DaCyclops wrote:Just tested myself and could replicate it, along with some other deconstruction happenings.

I would guess that the moment something is flagged for Deconstruction it is "Frozen" - It no longer does updates to its state. In the case of transport belts, it means they stop moving. Pipes stop transferring liquids, engines stop generating power, inserters freeze mid-itemmove, assemblers freeze mid-craft, chests cant be automatically-accessed, so on, so on.
In the case of lights, it means they are "stuck" on even without power. I did notice that inserters retained their power, assemblers retained their items (and could be upgraded to "resume" their operation) pipes retained their liquids (and if in-place upgraded using Dytech pipes, would "resume" operation and add their liquid back to adjoining pipes), and engines retained their exact usage state at that moment.

Maybe the deconstruction planner needs to forceably unpower and drain batteries on anything before it deconstructs it.
Exactly, for lights, all I had to do was to deactivate their light performance when they are marked for deconstruction.

So it is fixed for 0.11.6

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”