[Rseding91] [for 0.17] [0.16.36] Assembling Machine 1 beacon affection inconsistent

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
uukgoblin
Inserter
Inserter

[Rseding91] [for 0.17] [0.16.36] Assembling Machine 1 beacon affection inconsistent

Post by uukgoblin »

The wiki at https://wiki.factorio.com/Beacon#Limitations says that Assembling Machine 1s should be affected by Beacons, however that's not the case. Has it been changed? If so, in what version? I can't seem to find it in the changelog.

There is a slight indication that it maybe should or used to work because Assembling Machine 1 shows a number in "Number of effect sources" when in range of a Beacon. Similarly, a Beacon counts Assembling Machine 1s when it displays "Number of effect receivers". There is no effect on the machine though, the power usage or speed doesn't change after entering the appropriate modules in the Beacon.

The bug type depends on whether the wiki is considered correct or not:

1. If Assembling Machine 1 should accept boosts from Beacons, then it doesn't work in 0.16.36; or
2. If Assembling Machine 1 should NOT accept boosts from Beacons, then the game shouldn't display "Number of effect sources/receivers" in the machines'/beacons' infoboxes.

Burner mining drills seem to work fine with Beacons (surprisingly!)

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.16.36] Assembling Machine 1 beacon affection inconsistent

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. Assembling machine 1 shouldn't accept beacon effects because it doesn't say it should in the prototype.

If burner drills should accept beacon effects I don't know. At this stage in 0.16 stablization I'm not going to change any of this. We might re-visit it for 0.17.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”