[0.16.39] Crash: "Initialization failed. Error Code: 01"

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Cutemine
Inserter
Inserter

[0.16.39] Crash: "Initialization failed. Error Code: 01"

Post by Cutemine »

Hi!

I just tried to launch Factorio and the screen flashed repeatedly for a few seconds and then it crashed with the Error "Initialization failed. Error Code: 01". I guess this won't automatically upload a crash dump since it fails on startup therefore here's my bugreport. Searching reveals it might be related to this, but I'm using different hardware: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=59755&p=358257

The game was working perfectly yesterday, and I did not change hardware or software configuration. The log suggests that factorio is trying to run on my internal Intel GPU instead of the dedicated nVidia one.
I can't turn off the Intel graphics in BIOS because my Laptop is one of these specific models where the dedicated GPU passes it's data through the internal one. (I think they share a framebuffer or something like that)

My nvidia settings default to use the dedicated GPU for everything, but this and also trying to force to use the other GPU on startup has apperently no effect.
As I said the really confusing part is that it worked before and I really did not change anything.
Launching trough Steam or starting the executable directly makes no difference. I don't use special parameters or OpenGL forcing.

I'll try new grapics drivers next...
Let me know if you need further information.
Attachments
DxDiag.txt
(97.62 KiB) Downloaded 111 times
factorio-current.log
(27.82 KiB) Downloaded 107 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [0.16.39] Crash: "Initialization failed. Error Code: 01"

Post by Loewchen »

Rolling back the graphics driver fixed it for the last person that had that issue.

Cutemine
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Cutemine »

Well I'm now on 397.31 (25/04/2018) and it seems to be working again. Still very odd that it failed out of nothing.

Cutemine
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Cutemine »

Aaand the error is back again. This time just minutes after I played without issues. Also now there's no more driverupdate left to do since i'm already on the latest version.
factorio-current.log
Crash
(27.82 KiB) Downloaded 151 times
factorio-previous.log
Normal game just before
(6.7 KiB) Downloaded 153 times

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

Similar log file to viewtopic.php?f=29&t=60077 , so possibly the same underlying issue.

Cutemine
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Cutemine »

jep. That hotfix fixed it.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”