[Resolved 0.2.8] Gears falling off the transport belt

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
UnrealDiego
Inserter
Inserter

[Resolved 0.2.8] Gears falling off the transport belt

Post by UnrealDiego »

When you build a curvy transport belt with an inserter right in front of it, gears can fall off the transport belt and congest it (May happen with other items too). Example:

Actually, even without the curvy belt the gears act odd:

I just managed to make a three lane belt out of a two lane belt.

MatLaPatate
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Gears (and maybe other items) falling off the transport

Post by MatLaPatate »

That's an intended feature, of course, for realism ^^.
Seriously, what about keeping bug like that for this easy to get Conveyor belts, but not for higher Tier of conveyor belt. Maybe some kind of safe/accurate conveyor belts, about the same Tier as the Fast one, just to avoid these issues. That would make earlier factories upgradable, and would avoid too much automation at early game ... The game need to be harder, don't you think ? ^^
(But the 01 mission of the campaign is hard enough, just because there is no ores enough, so you can't get ammunitions enough to kill the alien base safely, without being very skilled for fight with your keyboard ^^).

UnrealDiego
Inserter
Inserter

Post by UnrealDiego »

While I see your point MatlaPatate, I still want the game to be predictable. Things randomly falling of the belts make the game unpredictable. There are better ways to make the game harder ;)

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Not intended for sure, I will take a look at that.

MatLaPatate
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MatLaPatate »

Should I also mention that my own one sometimes bugged ? Not because some items fall down, but because where one side of a conveyor belt is "full", then it sometimes block (very often in fact ^^) the other side.

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

MatLaPatate wrote:Should I also mention that my own one sometimes bugged ? Not because some items fall down, but because where one side of a conveyor belt is "full", then it sometimes block (very often in fact ^^) the other side.
Also should not happen :| Actually when we were recording the Factorio Tutorial 3 video (coming tomorrow) we got an instance of this (?) as well in the transport belt turn.

Xinvoker
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Xinvoker »

MatLaPatate wrote:Should I also mention that my own one sometimes bugged ? Not because some items fall down, but because where one side of a conveyor belt is "full", then it sometimes block (very often in fact ^^) the other side.
Are you 100% sure that every item is on a different lane?

I had this problem in a demo mission, BUT it turns out items A went on the left, but items B went on the center. The items coming from the left pushed the center items to the right, and it worked like a double lane 90% of time. Every now and then it would get stuck though.

Since I learned to make sure everything is left/right and nothing in the center I've never had this problem again.

MatLaPatate
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MatLaPatate »

Xinvoker wrote:
Are you 100% sure that every item is on a different lane?
Almost, but ... these bugs seemed me to be random, so I couldn't say ^^

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [Bug] Gears falling off the transport belt

Post by kovarex »

We definitely want the transport belt to be predictable.
I also wanted to say, that all items have the same size, even though they look different.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [Bug] Gears falling off the transport belt

Post by kovarex »

This should be resolved in the upcoming 0.2.8 release.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”