[kovarex] [0.16.38] Corrupt modded save

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Kenira
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[kovarex] [0.16.38] Corrupt modded save

Post by Kenira »

Screenshot of the error message when trying to load the save: https://i.imgur.com/nz4I40Q.jpg

It happened on a heavily modded save. I didn't lose much progress at all since the last autosave was 8 minutes ago and it still successfully loads (although i noticed i am missing the research bar, both in normal view and in the technology view so it's impossible to tell the current research progress, not sure if that's a functionality of picker or bug / feature one of the other mods i have installed that i am just not aware of and accidentally toggled, or if that's an issue with the save file too), but i figured it may be still of interest to you.

The attached save "Xander_016" is the corrupted one, the autosave is the last autosave which does also load successfully, albeit with the research bars missing.

I also am using a mod that i modified myself, so i attached that one as well (IondicatorsKenira). All other mods should be on the mod portal
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(70.46 KiB) Downloaded 48 times
IondicatorsKenira_1.3.0.zip
(3.31 KiB) Downloaded 46 times
_autosave2_works.zip
(7.76 MiB) Downloaded 52 times
Xander_016_corrupted.zip
(7.77 MiB) Downloaded 48 times

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [kovarex] [0.16.38] Corrupt modded save

Post by kovarex »

Hello.

I checked the save, and the error was actually an crc error when closing the map file, which means the zip file was corrupted. It could be random problem of saving the file or hard drive problem. Hard to say.
I changed it for the next version so the error message is more descriptive in this kind of situation.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”