[0.16.22] PlayerPrototype::enter_vehicle_distance should have a default value

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
dgw
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.16.22] PlayerPrototype::enter_vehicle_distance should have a default value

Post by dgw »

Version 0.16.22 added a new property, PlayerPrototype::enter_vehicle_distance. This breaks existing mods like The Fat Controller (viewtopic.php?f=92&t=4504&start=320#p340182) because the new property is not assigned a default value if missing. I believe it should be assigned a default, at least for a few releases until modders update their code.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.16.22] PlayerPrototype::enter_vehicle_distance should have a default value

Post by Rseding91 »

Ok, I'll add a default value.

But an update "braking" mods like this is perfectly normal and not something that goes in bug reports - the mod just needs to add the prototype property and it will work again.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

dgw
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.16.22] PlayerPrototype::enter_vehicle_distance should have a default value

Post by dgw »

I put it in bug reports not specifically because it "breaks" mods, but because of what I said about the property itself: a new property should have a default value, at least for a transitional period. It's just nice software design for the user, avoiding breakage unless needed. Causing mods not to load was the vehicle for finding out about the bug, not the bug itself.

Anyway, thank you for the quick resolution.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”